One thing is for certain... Locker must start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

If our team is so bad Locker can't start for it (it isn't) then we shouldn't have drafted him.

I notice everyone is pretty unanimous that we need a defensive player, with the exception of a DeCastro plummet. So obviously we think or Offense is ok.

Is Locker weaker than Cam Newton? Andy Dalton? They did well last year on worse offenses.

Its time to see what we've got, and start polishing him for the future. Him sitting the bench is a waste of the entire organization's time.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea that is true, I disagree with them having worse offenses though.

For the record, I don't think that that the running game will be nearly as bad, and I hope Locker gets the nod. But some of these people saying Locker needs to start just because don't make sense. He has an equal shot to win the job, as it should be.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Its because we have a hard time believing that the competition will be just that.

It was plainly obvious to me last year that this team was better with Locker on the field. But Munch "went with the veteran."

We would have won the Colts game if Locker was in there, and gone to the playoffs. I 100% believe that. That's not a knock on Hass, he was hurt.

I personally am not worried about "damaging Locker's psyche." If he is that mentally weak, he doesn't belong in the NFL, and we need to find someone else. I don't think he is though, as he played on a piece of crap team for four years in college, and performed admirably.

The ONLY knock on Locker right now is experience. He ain't gonna fix that holding a clipboard.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree with some

But I disagree about him potentially getting injured making something from nothing. You don't want young guys out there doing too much. I agree though, if push comes to shove he would probably be okay.

5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

This situation is similar to the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers contraversy. The only difference I see is Hasselbeck is better than Favre was. We as fans should be happy because we cant lose.

The only bad situation is if the OL falls apart again. If the Titans add a productive Chris Johnson to the offense last season they are easily considered a top tier offense.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Um no. Not even close. Brett Favre was a sure fire first ballot hall of famer who had been the starter on the team for years. Two years later, he led the Vikes to the NFC title game with an MVP caliber season.

Hasselbeck was signed with the express intent to be a bridge to Locker. Rodgers was drafted to be Favre's eventual replacement. There is a difference.

7. lee7786

lee7786 Practice Squad

Are you kidding me? Please don't tell me you believe that. Take your two-tone blue sunglasses off and read that sentence back to yourself.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You guys need to stop stressing the QB position. It's seriously like the ONLY spot outside kicker/punter that we know we'll be good at. Every other area sucked last year.

9. lee7786

lee7786 Practice Squad

Hasselbeck is not getting this team to the playoffs, that's why we're stressing about it. The QB position is number one on any team, if you don't have that right, you're not going very far.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No kidding. But even if Hass gets the start, it's very very very likely he'll get hurt or burn out allowing Locker to slide in and take over.

My point is, in the end, we'll be good to go at QB. Whereas other areas of the team we have no plan-B.

If Chris Johnson sucks, what do we do?
    If Derrick Morgan gets hurt, what do we do?
    If Kenny Britt gets arrested, what do we do?

If Hasselbeck starts and sucks, I know what to do.
    See what I mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar