Only 1 starter re: running backs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Coach Fisher made it clear that there will be only 1 running back and 1 back up while the 3rd is made inactive at each game.

He stated that 1 guy will get basically, 95% of the carries each game while the backup will rest the starter, when needed.

So who here thinks LenDale is gonna beat out both Chris'? My money's on Chris Henry to be the starter with Chris Brown being the backup and Lendale being able to wear his nice jewelry and cute outfits on the sideline.:ha:

2. Trey

Trey Guest

I'll go with LenDale as the starter and Henry as the backup....Chris will be shown the door again

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow, fast news. When did he make this statement, elf?

I think Henry is going to be the odd man out, and might be activated for a game or two. No idea between brown and white. I hate to count white out, wish we had a little more reason to hope.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No way dude. I'm saying 1.Brown 2. Henry 3. Lendale

I bet Lendale and Henry will rotate games, and whoever sticks will get some PT.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I hope Henry is the beast some people think he can be.....I hope.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I think he'll rotate them. It's way early for him to be able to make a definitive statement at this point, even if that's his current plan.

I think Henry sees the least time on the field this season. He's just not ready. Brown will start at first, with White getting some carries. Eventually, I think White will be the guy, with Brown coming in on third downs (except third and short...that's Lendale's territory).

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

folks on here thought the same thing about Lendale last yr..I know I did...it never happened

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

lol, if this is true, i would give Lendale and Brown the advantage right now, and going into preseason it will probably stay Brown as the starter and Lendale as the backup, but if henry can show something in camp and preseason, he might find his way into the rotation...

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

In the past, Fisher's gone with the RB who is getting it done. He brings in the backup for a series or two and the third RB is inactive.

I think that may change this year because I don't think any of the three can handle 30 carries a game.

10. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Brown will be number one until Fisher gets mad due to the phantom "injuries", Fisher loves Henry and will bend over backwards to prove he did not reach to get the guy. Along those lines Chow will try to get Len Dale in.

So for training camp:
    1. Brown
    2. Henry
    3. White

By Week 3
    1. Henry
    2. White
    3. Brown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar