Onside kick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by meekmode, Sep 10, 2017.

1. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Way to set the tone for the game, and the season. Out coached, out played.
    Like I always say, starts at the top. Mularkey is in over his head, this isn't HS football.
    Black Mamba and JCBRAVE high five this.
  2. bupac

bupac Starter

We need to keep a tally of Mukarkey **** ups this season
  3. meekmode

meekmode Starter

We can round down to 5 as a start...
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Y'all would be praising the decision if it worked. We took a chance and forced a rookie in his opener to make a heads up play. The decision is not what lost us the game. I don't fault Mularkey that much for trying to make a spark. There are plenty of other things to fault him for.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    GoT, skitch, Backinmyday and 2 others high five this.
  5. meekmode

meekmode Starter

We need a spark for the first play of the season? If that's the case he's failed as a HC already. Still a stupid decision even if we get the ball.
    TheBisco high fives this.
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow! Tip Jar Donor

It didn't, but it may have cost us 4 points by giving up 25+ yards of field position. That means we're playing for the tie with that last drive instead of a hope and a prayer.
  7. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

My 2 cents. Offense and Defense looked good. Coaching and Special Teams not so much, those 2 cost us the game.
    Very pleasantly surprised by the Defense today.
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I didn't have a problem with it. If we recovered and drove down field, it looks genius.

We all knew the Raiders offense would have a field day against our piss poor defense.

This was a good decision to try and steal a possession.

Let's not act like this was the sole reason why we got beat.
    Oilers27, Hormesis, skitch and 1 other person high five this.
  9. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

We didn't lose because of our Defense. That "opening" kick off was just as bad as that raynard kickoff kneel down for a safety from a few years back.
  10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

How so?

We knew going into this game it was going to be a shootout. There was no way in hell we were going to stop the Raiders offense.

That onside never put us in the hole like some people would think. Had they got the ball at the 25, they were still going to drive down the field no matter what.

Blame the former Raiders player, Trawick for running into the kicker that gave them 3 easy points.
    GoT high fives this.