Opening Day 53 Man Roster Predictions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I think everyone is forgetting Mularkey's love for Douglas. Although I do NOT think he is good enough to make the 53 it will not shock me if he does. Mularkey falls for guys who offer nothing like McCluster & keeps them around longer than they should be. I don't like the idea, but will not be shocked if Douglas makes the team.

Today Mularkey said, "He is invaluable to that WR room." When asked about Douglas. This is exactly the kind of thing he used to say about guys like McCluster. Although I believe there are better/younger players in the team; it won't shock me if he makes it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If people are picking Mcbride/Sharpe then no reason Douglas can't make the final squad

After the top 4 it's a really close battle

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think since JRob has been here you can look at two things. If you're not pulling your weight and make a lot of money, you're gonna be asked to take a pay cut or you'll be released. Ask a certain vet cb about that before last season.

Taking a paycut just means you get to stay and COMPETE! JRob doesn't care if you took a paycut...that's what he had to do to keep fighting for his job. Now it's only about whether he makes it or not...not whether it will look bad!

The bigger points are accountability and competition!!! Two of the best things about JRob!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed, but I haven't seen anyone take that spot 'over' and since there is no cut down til after the final pre-season game, he has a chance to turn it around. I would say signing Sims may be another negative sign though.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If they are close and you already have vet leadership, why would you take Douglas when McBride and Sharpe may have higher upside? After Mularkey's comments today, it will be difficult to believe Mularkey will let JRob cut Douglas over the other two so how Weems works out will be interesting to watch. We'll see how these wr's play vs the Panthers Sat!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't believe our #3 back is currently on the roster.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Fluellen might have earned himself a roster spot with his performance against the Panthers...the biggest thing he did was show that he can make plays on the coverage unit.

I think that we might just keep 3 RBs on the 53 man roster this yr. Muhammed has not shown me enough to warrant keeping him. Put him on the practice squad.

9. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

The special team tackle locked his spot as the 3rd running back. He seems like a good runner but per Mularky he needs much improvement as a blocker.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Of course we're keeping 3 RBs. We're a run first team... could even keep 4

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar