Opening Day Starters?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gran54, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Considering Marks hasn't practised yet, I doubt this.

Plus Verner > McCourty.

2. gran54

gran54 Starter

We rotate so much, it really won't matter who the starters are on the defensive side and at WR or TE

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

McCourty I can see but Marks?

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Let's see McCourty across from Verner. Eff Finny and his antics. A statement needs to be made.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Uh...yea it will matter who starts on defense. Washburn rotated the dline a lot. Washburn packed his bags and went to Philly. I get so tired of people saying "we do this and we do that." New coaches all the way around, new systems all the way around and if any of these new coaches are interested in being employed this time next year they should probably not focus on doing "what we did" in the past. Obviously it wasn't working. So can we drop the assumptions based on the past now? Fisher and company left, I guess that's still news.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

^ I still think they'll rotate some positions a lot. They don't have 5 solid DE's on the roster for nothing. With 4 DT's who haven't really proven much (Smith, Marks, Haye and the rookie Casey), I expect there to be quite the rotation there as well.

And with 3 TE's in Stevens, Cook & Graham who all have there strengths and weaknesses in certain packages/play situations, I think it's fair to assume you'll see quite a bit of rotating there as well.

Verner > McCourty. Anyways, these two guys are the future starters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hate to break this to you but our offense is pretty much the same from last year but with a couple minor changes. On defense we're still going to rotate a lot because that's what Gray does. Only major change will be the 4-3 hybrid look, that's when we use 3-4 packages.

Also when you invest most of your money from free agency into players coming in for depth chances are they're going to play. (Smith, Ball, Graham, etc.)

Just because you have a new staff doesn't mean "all the way around".

8. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Do not rule out Malcolm Sheppard in this rotation,shoulder surgery on Marks will most likely linger off/on all year,Sheppard is now a 6'3, 294 2nd yr player with game time exp. and a full mini-camp/Ota/TC/ with the Texans last yr. he came to Titans for their last 2 games when no one really cared to watch the Texans, so he is flying under the radar, if you attend any practices keep your eye on #96 .

9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Who is this Randy MOss lookin' dude

[​IMG]

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Owen Spencer I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar