Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgood, Apr 14, 2007.
I was wondering what your opinions are on Fisher right now?
I like Coach Fisher. He has been fair and gone above and beyond in order to help and protect Pac. I don't like that he took a part of pushing my Daddy out of a job. As far as coaching football, I think it's time for Tennessee to get a fresh outlook and coach. Fisher is doing a horrible job as GM. Anyone who thinks Reinfeldt is the GM is on crack.
I think he's a great coach but he let's his personal relationships get into football decisions too much like for instance starters like Thompson should be gone but him and lamont supposedly have a good off-feild relationship. If he made decisions based on winning not off-field relationships he would be a top coach and that would accumulate into more wins. Other than that flaw He's one of the best coaches and a great motivator and he get's into the game, giving his players high fives or pumping his fist it's good to know he loves the game with a passion and wnats to win.
i love coach fisher, i think no matter what shape we're in, he'll somehow bring us out of it. I do think vince young played a role in "saving" fisher's job this season, but even so, i think Fisher is a genius. let's not forget, he took us to a superbowl.
He's ok. Extremely over rated IMO, but I'm cool with him being the coach.
1. He seems to need talent to win. Great coaches make runs with mediocre talent, however if Fisher doesn't have great talent he'll never get anywhere. Even with solid talent, he struggles. If we lose a key player we know we're in trouble because we depend far too much on skill rather than a well ran machine where the parts are interchangeable.
2. Favortism. From coaching to players, this guy sticks by his friends and favorites no matter what. He'll play a certain player that stinks over the better back-up as long as he likes the player more. He'll keep coaches without even thinking about their performance due to the 'buddy' system.
3. Tends to wait 'til week 4 to get his team in gear.
4. Never admits his mistakes. Many games, coaching is the clear problem, but after the game Jeff will say things like "It's fixable" with no intentions on fixing, and even once said the other team ran the play wrong, so they got a touchdown. Had they run the play correctly, Lamont Thompson was in perfect position to make the play. He'll never point out coaching. Ever. He wont even hint that coaching was a possible reason the team lost. He'll place it on his player's shoulders.
1. He's solid. That's the main reason I'm ok with him being coach. We could always have much worse.
Honestly, these are harder to think of. I suppose that's the way it goes.
That is the one reason I wanted him out of here.
Great post Gloat..
Best analysis I’ve read about fish.
Its 4:00am where I’m at, and I just walked in my apartment..
Decided to tap on here before going to bed to check for Titans news and updates, and just happened to read your post. Was impressed so much that I ‘logged in’ just to tell you that..
And now I’m talking out of my azz…:guzzle: Bed time..
finally, someone who agrees with me, every time i brought up "jeff fisher out of tennessee" in recent posts i was getting hammered for everything he did before we stunk, we coulda been so much better if he woulda played "invinceable" week 1, probably 10-6, 11-5 with him in, but owell, better late then never, fisher will be gone if we dont make the playoffs this year.
yeah, that might not have been the best move
like Gloat said, there's a 4 game warmup
so I think Vince was inserted at an opportune time
i dont know about that, we started 0-2 with him.
Separate names with a comma.