Opinions on Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgood, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I like Jeff as a front man for the franchise
    he's a gritty coach and has kept bad teams heading in the right directions
    and his public address is easily one of the best in the league

my problem is the lack of consistency and the overall philosophy
    he's persisted with schemes, staff and personell that clearly were no longer working, while keeping promising eager talent at bay

I'm really not sure who I'd like to see replace him

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Try average?

Equal number of successful seasons, average seasons and bad ones. 4-4-4.

He won when the team was loaded with good high character players and lost when we didn't have the talent. When we had average talent we went 8-8.

3. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I'm really not sure what some of you guys would want from him? Championships, sure. That I would understand. But nobody seems to be complaining about that. They complain that he plays favorites, or he won't admit mistakes. You want a Whiner? Somone to say. Sorry I sucked today?

It's amazing Coach is still here. And I'm very glad he is. When was the last time you saw bad clock management from this team? The field goal attempt against the Bears that never was in 98?

One of these days some of you will get what you want... Be wary.

Coach gets the most from the least on this team all of the time. In the last 12 years how many times do you think we were the most talented team in the league? To me that answer is once. The team went 13-3 and lost to the eventual SB champs that year (Ravens 2000).

I would coronate the man if I could.

Love Live King Fish!!!!!

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The only way I would agree to let Fisher walk is if they intend to replace him with Bill "the Spitter' Cowher.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Like going 8-8 with the last place defense and a pathetic passing game? I'm not saying many of those wins last season can be credited to Fisher but I also rarely place the total blame on him when inexperienced talent does/can't execute.

Some truth here but Fisher will go with a player who is consistent (even if mediocre) over one who makes a play then disappears. In order for a system to work, which would you prefer?

I totally agree here. I believe confidence for a team is important and he tries, to a fault, to always look for a silver lining. But I also think a swift kick in the arse is sometimes in order and he's slow to point fingers and follow up when he does.

I also think Fisher is pretty weak in the Xs and Os department and adjusting during the game. I think he needs strong coordinators around him and that isn't always the case.

On the positive, he seems to have the confidence of his players and they don't quit on him. He's a motivator. He's excellent with the media and fans.

Bottom line, I doubt we could find better.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

so your saying we wouldnt have won the Jets game or the Miami game with vince young in instead of Kerry Collins?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisher has had talent..

From 97-03 he had talent. Last years team had some talent.

Someone mentioned our defense last year. Well duh, maybe fisher contributes to us having a bad defense. He runs this team, hires the coordinators, hires the assistants and position coaches but when they suck it's not his fault? Who the hell hired schwartz?

Now there is no one else to blame because fisher is calling the lion's share of the shots on talent. We need to stop this fisher is a victim crap and demand results! This so called great coach has had 4 winning seasons out of 13 tries! Tom coughlin is no vince lomabrdi and he has been to the post season 6 times in 11 years.

Stop kissing the guys behind and expect more out of your team..

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

DCtitan..

Vince needed a few starts to really get his game going and i doubt he would have made a difference in that jets game. The dolphin game maybe.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I kind of give Fisher a pass on the years where the team was moving to nashville. The year in memphis and one that the team played at vandy.

I like Fisher, like someone said, i think he is a little weak on adjusting in the games. I don't like the "we have the lead lets just protect it" philosophy the Titans seem to adopt too often.

There really isn't anyone I'd want to replace him though, so I hope he sticks around until he gets his championship here.

Unless removing Fisher is the only way to get schwartz out of here. If that's the case, see ya!

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Honest question...

If not Fisher, who? Bud is about to sign a long-term deal with him which will probably make him the top-paid head coach or close to it. Do you look to start over with a young guy who brings in new coordinators, scheme, etc. or do you recycle someone like a Parcells?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar