Opinions on RB situation this upcoming season..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans10&25, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Who do you think will be the starting RB for this upcoming season and opinions on the RB situation? LenDale White who is not being liked too much right now or Chris Henry who didn't get a lot of playing time in college, but looks like a powerhouse who never gives up.. I think that LenDale will be the starter as of preseason, but will not be in shape and will not play as highly as the fans and coaches want so they will give Chris Henry a shot at the starting role.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

At this stage, I give it to Henry. He is there working hard everyday and may have a leg up.:))

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'd give it to Lendale. I watched that USC game on my ipod. He deserves his chance even at his current weight, he's a pitbull. The guy can bust it.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Corey Dillon. He buys us some time.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Or another June 1 cap casualty. Wonder how bad the Chiefs want to keep LJ.

6. LJ i waaaay out of the question, i think that Henry is going to get the start and prove many people wrong, well i hope at least

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

RB situation is a disaster just like most of the team.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Chiefs might shop him. They can't hold him and Allen with big contracts. They were talking about this yesterday on Sirius NFL.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We're not putting up enough of an offer to get him. Who is behind him on the chiefs depth chart?

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It doesn't sound like there's going to be a lot of FA purging on June 1 this year... NFL made a change to allow teams to release players earlier on but the cap hit would be as if they released in June. I'm honestly not worried about the running game this year, though. What happened this offseason? We lost T-Hen, who was really ineffective until last year when the O-Line finally stabilized. RB is the #1 position where you can plug and play rookies as long as you have a good line in front blocking... plus Hall as the FB I think made a big difference last year. Fisher (I think it was Fish) commented that Hall was a more athletic version of Lorenzo Neal (who was 1/2 the reason for Eddie George's success).

I look to have Lendale as the starter initially, who will run better than we all expect, but still wind up maybe losing the role to Henry - either from injury or just Henry's performance when he does get his chances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar