Opinions On Roster Scenarios Going Into Next Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

It only saves us about 3-4 million, what kind of player can we get that has the possibility of being as dangerous as him for that?

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

i'd draft antonio andrews in the 6th, and i guarantee you he'd put up better numbers than "a coaches dream" with the same carries.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...we are not facing 8 men in the box every play. I HAVE watched the tape. And you can't go by just defenders because sometimes we load the offensive side too. So if they have 8 defenders and we have 8 blockers (has happened several times), it's the same as having 7 blockers versus a 7 man front.

Well, you can't run him 90% of the time outside or they will spread the DL and LB's out and CJ will never get the corner. But I agree that CJ is not optimally utilized. Notice when we played the Chiefs we had to make defensive adjustments in formation and personel because we were concerned with who was covering Jamal Charles. NO ONE is concerned who is covering CJ because we don't make him much of a threat. With a player like CJ, it should be pick your poison. Put your base defense out there and we will make you pay for whomever is covering him (no S or LB should be able to stay with him). Put your nickel out there and we should have a much easier time running the ball. But we don't do that:(

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

It's not the money this year so much as it save us some this year but saves us all $8mil next year when we will have Casey at least to re-sign.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I have never understood our reluctance to run the toss sweep. Can anyone explain why we don't? Seems like getting the fastest guy in the league on the edge quickly would be something you would want to do.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

We ran it some when Vince was the QB but I think I know the answer. CJ drops the ball and that kind of fumble can easily turn into a pick 6.

7. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I think everyone here agrees we need to use him better. If we start to using him better, he is as big of threat as anyone in the league. To me, that is worth keeping. Our coaches will have another offseason to get it together. I agree we need to run in the middle some, but putting 8 blockers and 8 defenders clogs everything and our blockers don't do a great job of making holes. But, there are many times defenders break the line and hit him as he gets the ball. Most of the time they have more defenders than we have blockers, he can only do so much.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

People still use the "he faces stacked boxes" excuse?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Fact?...do u a watch the games? I have never seen less than 7-8. The main reason why don't run it well. Can run a 190lb guy through that. Can't do it, got to get creative.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Can you suggest how we could optimally utilize CJ? He can't catch, can't seem to break tackles, can't run up the middle. Isn't as fast as he once was.

What can you do with a weapon like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar