Opinions...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think interior OLine can be addressed in FA and Amano is our future at C, I believe. In the draft I think we should look for a FS, RDE or BPA with our first selection. If we don't re-sign Bennett, Dwayne Jarrett would be a nice replacement. We'll have to wait and see how the DE's finish the season and who ranks where after workouts/combine. Adams is quite the prospect and could be worth pulling the trigger on if we select in the middle of the pack area. As for safety, I'm not sure. Landry is interesting, although, he hasn't played too well this year.

2. WR, i havent seen much from the DE position this year, and we definately need a FS

3. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I still don't understand why people are so down on Gaines Adams. Barring a major bomb at his workouts, the guy is a legit top 5 pick. He had 10.5 sacks, 14.5 tackles for loss, 10 more QB hurries, 6 passes defensed, and 2 forced fumbles this year. He also had an INT return for a TD, and directly forced 2 INT's in the South Carolina game, one by swatting a pass in the air, and another by hitting the QB as he threw.

He has the perfect frame to add more muscle if coaches think he need to. He has long arms and is 6'5. He has the best first step in college. The only downside is how he plays the run at the point of attack...but guess what. That's what you get when you want a pass rushing DE. He can bulk up a little and round out his game and become better at this aspect, but you can't teach some of the things he can do.

He is easily my #1 defensive player in the draft.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

CB and FS would be my top two positions for us to target in the draft.

I'd address OL, DL through FA.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I re-watched the SC-Clemson game and here are my thoughts on Adams' performance....

The first thing that struck me was that I wasn't impressed with his burst. But during the course of the game, I saw it about 5 times. About 5 times the whole game he came like a bat out of %^$! But why only those times? Yes, they also moved him to an inside LB spot and blitzed him up the middle, but I'm talking edge rusher. I think his biggest problems are that he either has difficulty diagnosing plays (which is what I suspect) or he takes a lot of plays off and is happy to get close to the QB. I think it's the former though previous write ups of him state the latter. Even still, he clearly is a force to be wreckoned with as he overpowered and ran around there line, but translating what I saw to the NFL left me dubious of taking him in the top 5. He's more raw than I expected and his holding up against the run and/or diagnosing plays could be a big problem for him as a rookie.

Perhaps I'll be more impressed with him with more tape...

Gut

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

my three points with CJ is that he spreads the defense which means opening the run for LenDale White, he can make make the great catch and not only that runs great routes and has a great work ethic and personality, and number three if we can get Young, White, and Johnson to mature together we have the next great trio on our hands...

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Rice, Fitgerald, Burress, Johnson, nor Owens runs a 4.3 or 4.4- those are all 4.5-4.6 guys...

8. we do not need a cb we have finnegan

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

one game doesn't make him a certainty.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Neither does one year apparently ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar