Orakpo & Morgan - Next Gen Top 5?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 5, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

When did I say that's how we were defining a good and bad secondary?

"Now you're changing the way WE define bad secondaries". I never stated how WE defined a bad secondary though...

In fact I used quotes around "good secondary" in my original post for that reason.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

How else am I supposed to define a bad/good secondary?

If you'd like to go by talent, by all means. If we do it that way Dwight Freeney still applies. That secondary was straight trash. Oh, but he played with a good offense, so that breaks the rules too.

Michael Strahan set the league record for sacks in a season with a bad secondary.

Check. Mate.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

So playing by your rules the Falcons and Chiefs had bad secondaries this year.

Got it.

There is way more that goes into this than what you want to acknowledge. You just can't admit when you are wrong. Just like Conklin and Mariota.....

4. Fry

Like I said, let's go by talent.

Colts' 2004 secondary.

Defensive Backs

Keep in mind that Bob Sanders only played six games that year. Straight trash. But the offense was good, so that doesn't fit your criteria.

You keep making all of these exceptions. "Well I don't consider that secondary bad." "The offense was too good." Blah Blah Blah.

You gave me a task. I met it. You're just mad that it took me 30 seconds to figure this garbage out.

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

It's simple football 101...its not my criteria!

Having a lead and scoring a lot of points, causes teams to play from behind. Playing from behind leads to a team throwing the ball more....

I don't know what's so difficult to understand about that. It's not my criteria, it's common knowledge... well so I thought.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Secondary was top 10 in INT's that year. Defense was #2 in forced fumbles.

7. Fry

By golly, I think I finally cracked the code...for the third time!

Jason Allen. 2007. 15.5 sacks.

28th passing defense. Starting secondary consisted of over the hill Ty Law and Patrick Surtain, Jarrad Paige, and Bernard Pollard. And yes, before you say anything, those CBs were absolutely over the hill. Surtain was out of the league one year later and Ty Law bounced around for two more years, not really doing anything. Bernard Pollard, as we all know, can't cover a baby with a blanket. Who the hell knows who Jarrad Paige is?

Scoring offense was 31st in the league and offense was quarterbacked by a combination of Brody Croyle, Daman Huard, and David Greene.

[​IMG]

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Fry

Doesn't count. they had too many passes thrown against them.

:troll:

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

"Don't change the rules"

I didn't realize that bad secondaries finished in the top 10 in INT's

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Uhh you might want to go back and re check those stats....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar