Origin of "Fisherball"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan_Cam, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That, in no way, makes you a bandwagon fan.

90% of Titans fans would be bandwagon fans if that were the case. It doesn't even matter if you had a favorite team previously.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Dyson was a 1st Rnd pick who unfortunately was injury prone.

Calico was a 2nd pick

Givens was a very productive WR for the Pats and a big signing at the time. Freak no contact injury ended his career without us getting a single good snap out of him. Incredibly unlucky.

We drafted Jones,Roby and Williams in 05

Britt is a 1st rnd pick

Cook was acquired by trading a 2nd rnd pick and he's billed as the next Gates in terms of receiving.

We have certainly tried to get talent to help the QB position. At the moment we seem to have the best WR/TE group that Fisher's had here.

It's so frustrating that we don't use them.

3. RavensShallBurn

WTF happened to Givens?

I don't even remember the injury at all. What happened on the play? I know he tore his ACL. Could he just not make a comeback?

He could still be a very solid receiver. He's only 30.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That, my friend, is either impressive or ridiculous. Can't really tell which.

5. RavensShallBurn

He loved him some Pacman.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He only played a few games.. Sucked, then was seriously injured.. Then he tried to sue the Titans a few years ago.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Pulled up running a route, no one even touched him but he blew ACL. It was said at the time that it was as though his knee just exploded on him.

It was so bad he never came back from it.

8. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Fisherball. Like dodgeball without the throwing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And we passed over "he who shall not be named" to do it.

Long shot. And I'm a Middle fan.

Very sad situation all around.

Right. The old "get a bunch and hope one emerges" theory.

Taken only after Collins was the #1 again.

Taken only after Collins was the #1 again.

I agree. Top to bottom the Titans have the best group of receivers they've had for quite some time though many think they are a very average group compared to most teams.

Pair that up with an average passing QB and Fisher's philosophy and you get a mediocre passing game.

Here's the thing... the Titans have not had to play from behind this season. That may change this weekend. If it does, Fisher will have no choice but to pass the ball. I'm sure that'll shed some light on just what the passing game can do.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm out of high-fives, but you may be onto something.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar