Origin of "Fisherball"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan_Cam, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisher with Manning..

Maybe the 5 games that Neil O'donnell started in 99 give us some clue. Mcnair had the back surgery and Eddie was not very effective at times. In those 5 games O'donnell averaged almost 35 pass attempts per game and we were 4-1.

In 8 seasons we averaged 30 pass attempts per game or more and had 500 or more pass attempts in 7 seasons.

So i do think without question we would have thrown the ball about 5 more times a game with Manning than with the QBs we have had.

For those who think throwing the ball a lot makes you a better playoff team look at the Oilers with Warren Moon. How many super bowls did they play in?

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:rolleyes:

Funny how reading comprehension is your friend... you know... since I was directly responding to a statement by Dbc.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Right and he wrote a perfectly reasoned post and got crapped on with 4 "it sucks" for being reasonable.

And you responded with a post that was not remotely factual and now you are pissed because i set you straight.

That is gotitans of late when a poster like Duece can outright lie in every other post about how rotten Fisher's record is and get a load of High fives.

One pimple faced idiot post after another getting cheers from the clueless.

How pathetic is this board lately? That when asked the question who is at fault for our offensive woes not one damn one of you even bothered to look up Dinger's track record as an OC with other head coaches.

4. Alex1939

You have lost it.

Re-read my last post and find anything in it that is not factual. Also find ANY response from DBC since my last post (hint: there isn't one).

But I guess when YOU outright lie and make things up (like the above quoted portion of your post), it's ok? :rolleyes:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That comment is not true!

It is not factually correct!

The Oilers/ titans under Fisher had 5 seasons when we threw the ball more than in 2003. You assumed something to be true that was not. That is what is going on in almost every post lately. Misinformation! Not just you but you are part of it and give high fives to BS!

I posted the real facts! If you want to be Duece's errand boy and stand and cheer ever moronic, factually inaccurate post go ahead. And yes feel free to bash anybody who might have a different opinion because God forbid we would have that here. Or you can be a truth seeker and an independent thinker.

Your call........

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's another stupid one.

One poster wrote that we will throw the ball 4 times and run CJ 47 times on sunday. The pimpled faced peanut gallery stood and cheered like a 12 year old girl at a back street boys concert.

Eric,(your daddy?) compared Fisher's playbook to tecmo bowl. More standing and cheering from the PFPG.

We have nonsense and moronic stupidity run amok on this board but i'm losing it? Really?

Are duece and eric telling you how to post on taboo also? Give them some more of those high fives!

7. Alex1939

For the second time...

That statement isn't from ME! It's quoting or paraphrasing DBC post from page 1.

Geez.

8. Alex1939

No what's stupid is you can't follow a 6 page thread. You have lost your mind RollTide.

Care to address the post that DBC made after mine that got 4 "it sucks"? You know the one you mentioned on this page of the thread... ALSO the one that doesn't exist!?! :grrhee:

9. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

That's when VY-ball was invented. You can't blame fisher because he has a crappy QB. Well, I guess to some extent you can since he drafted him and is stuck with him.

But it's more than that, it's our crappy receivers too. You can't coach someone how to catch a ball, either they can or they can't, i.e. the ball that went right thru Britts hands last game....a great WR would have caught that.

In other words, it's not all Fishers fault. He can call the plays, but he can't execute them.

10. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

"A crappy QB wouldn't have never put the ball so perfectly place!" -some guy on GoTitans forum.

The arguemnets are getting kind of old like a circle or infinity sign...VY is bad because WR cant catch....WR are bad because VY can't throw to them...VY is bad because Fisher won't open up playbook...Fisher looks bad because VY can't throw the ball...VY looks bad because WR can't catch the ball....WR are Bad because VY can't throw accurately...VY is bad because Fisher hates VY...Fisher won't let VY throw because VY can't throw...VY looks bad because WR can't catch...VY sucks...no WR sucks...no VY sucks...no Fisher sucks...

Should I continue? because I could for like years and years...Or maybe we should just reduce our argument to ____ sucks and then we'll just know the arguemnt people are about to make and we won't have to read so much.

p.s. Oh by the way just about everyone who has actually played football and has actually caught a football in a real game has been coached on how to catch a football! :rolleyes: If it wasn't the case then why practice catching?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar