Origin of "Fisherball"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan_Cam, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm losing it alright.:suspect: A recent thread mentions that Fisher has won 10 straight against NFC opponents and the peanut gallery has judged that to be more proof that Fisher sucks. A 10 game winning streak proof that a coach sucks!

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Again RollTide, you made up a DBC response to me that doesn't exist, then you attributed a nonfactual statement of DBC's to me. Glad to see you can admit when you are wrong though. :sad2:

This is actually the second time you've gone off not knowing what you are talking about regarding me. Also in the college football thread, which of course you didn't respond to.

So get back on the medication, start smokin refeer, whatever you need to do to get back to reality. You are spewing vitriol around here and you can't even keep straight which posters are saying what.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yes. This quote bout sums up 80% of the stuff on the forum.

:highfive:

4. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

This is my theory with Fisher Ball. It all went downhill when they let Lorenzo Neal go. Eddie went downhill fast.

Then losing Derrick Mason was big. McNair had great chemistry with Mason and Mason was also an excellent punt returner. We haven't ever had any good receivers outside of Derrick Mason. Even McNair had some bad years with the Titans but I think it would have been a lot better if they had drafted some decent receivers at some point. Still, even with a decent passing game, the Fisher ball strategy was to wear the other team down with Eddie George and it worked pretty well.

My main issue with Fisher is that he goes conservative and so even when we dominate, the other team is still somehow in the game, like last week. We lost too many games to the Ravens including one with Vince where he was having a great game and we went conservative because he was afraid of mistakes.

5. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

i dont necessarily think "fisherball" sucks we just dont have the right personell to do it. if we had more of a powerback like what eddie used to be it would work just fine but fisher is going to have to be more creative and do things that take advantage of the type of talent we have.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What in the hell are you talking about?

A poster told you that your response to a question was "zero".

These words are yours not anybody else.
    Those are your words.

8. Alex1939

LOLZ. Well if the Titans lose today it will be my last day to post for a month due to a bet with Jesse. I'll try to explain this to you as a child, although you probably still won't get it since you are acting like an infant.

Let's do an entire recap so I can show you how foolish you are behaving:

My next post:

(I quote DBC)
    Then respond with:

DBC5631 follows up with:

My response (and where RollTide get's Confuuuuuuused)

I'm NOT the one saying Fisher only had one good season when McNair peaked. I'm well aware there were several good statistical passing seasons in the McNair era. For that reason, as well as DBC statement that it's "painfully obvious" Manning would put up the same numbers under Jeff Fisher I say:

IT'S LAUGHABLE.

But of course what does Shortbus, I mean RollTide, do:

He quotes and attacks me:

That's great. I agree. Never thought differently. DBC thinks differently. It's evident in his post...

YET RollTide will "high-five" DBCs original post (which its clear he disagrees with) while giving mine the "it sucks". :lol:

if only it ended here, unfortunately more Shortbus to come. But first I have to respond to Shortbus's vitriol towards me...

If only RollTide could've grasped the complexities of a forum conversation at this point... but no...

Ah... where to begin...

DBC5631 doesn't have a single post in this thread with 4 "it sucks".

Again, what was not factual about my post, except for the where I paraphrase DBCs direct comments? Let's look at them side by side...

Looks like pretty similar statements to me. And of course, IN CONTEXT, my comments are only paraphrasing DBC5631.

RollTide completely disagree's with those statements, but because its DBC5631 (another Fisher lover) he get's a high-five. Since RollTide can't follow a small thread, he doesn't realize I'm just referencing DBCs post and throws "it sucks" at me. SHORTBUS.

I explain to RollTide AGAIN his mistake (page 6 of this thread):

Again, Shortbus attack on the same statement.. no effort made to comprehend the conversation between myself and DBC5631:

(page 6 this thread, he also requotes my paraphrasing of DBC where I state "Fisher had one good season passing when McNair peaked "

Over Shortbus's head again. He then goes on some psycho rant about TitansErick being my daddy? This is what going senile must be like:

Again, trying to explain the confusion.

Responding to Rolltide's infantile insults:

This ridiculousness actually continues but I'm not...

RollTide, quit being so lazy. Re-read the thread. You should realize it's actually DBC you would disagree with and not me... but I'm sure you won't because it's above your head. That and your fantasies about Fisher's manparts have blinded you into "love all Fisher lover posters" and RAGE against "Fisher haters". BACK ON THE SHORTBUS ROLLTIDE!

I apologize for the obnoxious length and nature of this post, however I hope the moderators will cut me some slack as there is a decent chance its one of my last post for a month.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

yep, enjoy your last day here.

10. Alex1939

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASskQc1_kj8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASskQc1_kj8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:icon_spin:toast::guitar:

:howdy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar