Orlando, Fl

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dee, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Giving up the "medicinal" weed? Damn.

Florida is the butt of a lot of jokes but I love it. Full disclosure, never lived there but have visited there more than any other state. Would love to live there one day. Only been to Orlando a few times but had a good time every time I went.

Congrats on the job. Sounds cool.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

The reefs stop different sediments from settling on the beach. Therefore you are going to have lighter sands, clear water.

You mean to tell me if you have a beach right by a coral reef and the sand is black, that the water is going to be clear?

No the water will be dark.

So yes coral reefs help produce more clear water, but if the sand is dark, the water won't appear clear.

image.jpg

If this sand wasn't black, the water would be clear.

3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Thanks man, yea to bad they didn't pass their own medicinal.

I think there is going to be a lot more to do there for the kids to, so that's what A Plus and it means I get to be a grown ass kid myself.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

the water is clear, scoop some up and see, the sand is tricking you

5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

That's why I said "appear"

I'm not saying you are wrong.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Lol I went to Orlando once...it was chill....as @SawdustMan said I can't believe you gonna go back to smoking illegally...crazy man tho you gonna be working with the magic. Get me a job dawg I'll be the janitor...that's where my wife wants to move eventually. One good thing is I saw a lot of titans fans there. Total culture shock lol

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Going back to being a criminal lol the part that im going to hate is having to find some bud. Lol I've never been to a area where I didn't know someone with it. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it, I gotta hit a bong.

But I doubt you want to be a janitor lol they do you have food and stuff and you was a manager so check it out. If your serious you should apply, let me know and I will hit you up with my contact info.

Hopefully, when I was watching the Titans game there Downtown, we was at a Steeler bar, so I didn't see any Titan fans, dude working was cool enough to put the game on too.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I have never lived there, but spent some time there a few times over the past several years.

You mentioned humidity, and all I can say is "get ready"....I was there in June for a week a few years back and it was like living in a permanent sauna. You literally were wet the whole time spent outside.

That said, as you mentioned there will be a huge difference in taxes between California and Florida (remember the whole Phil Mickelson controversy a couple of years back), so you will be glad about that.

Good luck!

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Now that you're gonna be making bank, PayPal me $200 a month.

PM me for details.

K thanks.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Do you want the bad news first or the bad news first?
    I'll be straight about it. Orlando sucks.
    Lived near there for 30 years.
    Of all the towns I am still required to visit annually, Orlando is the one I cannot leave soon enough (well there and Pawnee City, NE anyway).

Smells like a swamp. The douchebag ratio is through the roof. Traffic is wretched. Transients are an ongoing issue and the entire culture there is based on Disney.
    Oh and Rick Scott...

If you have specifics you want to know about Central and South Florida don't hesitate to ask..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar