Osi Umenyiora.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Does anyone think there's any potential in us getting Osi Umenyiora? I don't understand why the management wouldn't be going full steam for this guy. It sounds like from recent reports that the Giants and him are even farther off than people think and it seems like its about respect between both parties now. We have failed on almost all of our free agent attempts to date so we definitely have the money to pay for the contract he wants.

He would fill the glaring need at DE and turn it into a strength with him, Wimbley, Morgan, (insert no name here). I think he would definitely be worth a draft pick next year...thoughts?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I doubt it. No one else has traded for him either, so it's not just a Titans thing. People just don't want to trade for and pay a semi-injury prone, 30 year old malcontent.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No thanks

Aside from unreliable production, I think he is the product of a system and benefits from the other players around him. I do not think we have the personal to capitalize off of him.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think it would help us next year, and the year after, but by the time this team is ready to challenge for a title, he'd be too old to help much.

We are in the 2-4 years away stage right now I think. This year, our goal should be to develop Locker, incorporate these new young talents into the team and get them some experience and coaching, and look to get into the playoffs and gain some playoff experience.

If Locker comes out and sets the league on fire this year, that could move the schedule up a year, and THEN you start adding high price quick fixes.

Really, everything about the future of this franchise depends on how Jake Locker does this year. If he comes out and looks like a stud, we are golden, and you start gearing up for title shots. If he comes out and implodes, well that sets us back a couple years. That's why it is, in my mind, foolish to start Hass this year. We HAVE to find out what we have in Locker, and start developing him under fire.

For now, I say just keep the youth movement moving forward.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Seeing as we've been too busy chasing Peyton Manning and drafting very questionably, I doubt it. D-line isn't a need...we have Leger Douzable and Scott Solomon to help anchor our line.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

1) He's old.

2) He wants a ton of money.

What is so hard to understand?

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

and he's always injured.

8. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

I don't want him, he is a locker room trouble.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...nyiora-scoffs-new-york-giants-contract-offers

I read through the story. He doesn't come off as a malcontent to me- at least by these reports. He apparently chose last year to not sign the extension offer and continue to play out his current contract. He states he was told verbally his contract would be re-worked and he'd get an extension more in line with what he was expecting. (Sounds a lot like the CJ story but on a smaller scale.)

OU's problem is that he over-values himself. His 12.5 sacks last year were decent but probably not deserving of a 12-15 million guaranteed 3-4 year/ 30-40 million contract that he wants. I believe he has a good chance of simply being cut in a few weeks. He might be worth a look if/when that happens.

10. pettso

pettso Starter

No thanks, he's decent but he wants to be overpaid and someone will overpay him. Definitely not worth given up any pick up for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar