Osi Umenyiora.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think there's any doubt Osi dogged it at times last year, especially early. He missed a lot of camp with a mystery injury and then missed the first three games.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We can't sign Osi. To do so means benching Morgan, who has missed too much time already. We need to see what we have in him THIS YEAR.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I'd rather trade for Dwight Freeney, at least you know he won't take a snap off

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm pretty sure the staff is set on starting the year with Wimbley and Morgan starting. And considering they traded for the pick to take Solomon, I assume he's going to see some snaps this year. So with him, Ball, and Douzable in the rotation, I don't think there is a "hole" at defensive end. It's probably not as strong a group as you like, but it's far from a glaring need at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

If we could get Osi for a 4th round pick, I say let's do it...he's better than Morgan and he allows Wimbley to do some things from LB every once in a while..I don't think Dave Ball will be that good this year and we can't rely on a 7th rounder to get the job done...

Osi would be a great addition...

6. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I see this a lot and not just from you of course, but here's my take:

I wouldn't say always injured, that's an exageration. Only missed 15 games in his career it appears (going by stats from NFL.com) in the 8 seasons he's been in the league...

7 of those games last year, and 2 his rookie year. He did have one year he missed 5 games but that's still 5 out of 7 full seasons he has played in, excluding his rookie year I don't believe he didn't play due to injury since he only started 1 game that year.

He's had almost 70 sacks and forced 30 fumbles in his "always injured" career, and he just hit 30. I'm not saying we should go get him, just pointing out he's not by any means a bad player or missing a lot of time. In that scheme, usually a full season will get you 10-15 sacks from him.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree. And the intangible that makes the group stronger, IMO, is the Titans having shored up the interior of the DL. Less ability to run on the team means more passing, and hopefully teams will be playing us from behind. That alone should make a big difference.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I hope Ball doesn't have a concussion again. He'll probably be done at that point. And don't forget, they asked him back, but that doesn't mean neither he, Solomon nor Douzable couldn't be cut in camp if they sucked enough wind. Ah, I bet Douzable is pretty safe, but Ball and Solomon will still have to earn their spot on the team.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

What makes everyone think Douzable will amount to anything for us?

Guys has been in the league 4 years and all but last have been practice squads.......all for different teams. I am not sure how I feel about that.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I was under the impression that he played pretty well for Jacksonville last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar