Osi Umenyiora.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

With that said, I'm not convinced he will bring anything as a pass rusher, and he will probably be a better fit on the inside. Regardless, I think we will be looking more for DE depth than for another starter.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't want Osi but I wouldn't count on Douzable for anything more than depth. With that said the staff seems okay going with Wimbley and Morgan and have Ball and Douzable as part of the rotation.

It doesn't make any sense to trade for Osi when we don't have the luxury to add him yet. Yes adding him would make us playoff contenders but this is a move you make to become super bowl contenders. We're going with a youth movement, which is why I think Locker starts, and we need to see what we have on this team until we start adding more pieces.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

1 sack and 38 tackles.

Granted it does not tell the whole story.

4. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I think Munchak and Gray are really high on Egboh. I think he will have a great offseason and make the final roster and be good depth this year

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

LOL can't tell if Leger and Solomon thing is sarcasm or seriousness.

6. CaliTitan

CaliTitan Starter

Who needs Osi when we got Solomon Scott...Yeah baby! lets go Titans!!!!

7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I do want to see what the kid can bring.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Yeah i actually read that article, some good points are made.

I dont see it as being his fault. Teams lie, players lie, everyone lies really.....whats new?

Here are some highlights:

Heres the reason why i am on his side:

1 - the team lied to him, told him they'd redo his deal and never did.

2 - he is deserving of money, and compares himself to people who are of his level (i.e. seeking Mathis/Cole money and not Peppers/Mario).

3 - he is realistic about the team's needs to sign all those other young guns.

i don't know about the cap situation, too lazy to look it up. but since he's 30, i'd look at Cole/Mathis deal, make it shorter (maybe 3 years) and offer him something of similar value. I think its fair, and i think the giants would do it too, but i'm guessing they are strapped with regards to the cap, especially when you factor the younger guys in.

However, Bottom Line: GMs don't like to commit a lot of 'new money' to 30+ year old linemen, and usually for good reason.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. Looking at the situation, he doesn't come off as a malcontent to me. However, he was payed a sizable signing bonus. I see both sides of this conflict. Giants feel they got what they already paid for in the last 2 years and OU feels he's worth more than he's getting now. I think that was the idea behind their offering incentives last year which OU turned down.

I could easily see this getting really ugly and even result in the Giants cutting him if he decides to hold out/lay low in camps this year. If it happens, he'd have a wake up call for his market value. I'm pretty sure teams would bring him in to kick the tires. I don't think we can (should) pay him what I believe his market value would bring in that situation and I don't think he'd come over with a positive attitude in a trade without a "re-worked" contract. I don't see a situation developing that would be feasible for him to wind up here.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd still pass on Osi. Don't want to pay him major money... as you've seen our FO likes duo-purpose guys, not just pass-rushers. If they wanted pass-rushers only they woulda went after Osi, Freeney, etc. Instead we sign Douzable (solid tackler) & Wimbley (ex-LB). Both are solid vs the run.

What scares me now tho... we didn't really improve our pass-rush, but our seconday got worse. That's not good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar