Our Biggest Weakness

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Joe Z., Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

To be fair, Pennington was a Pro-Bowl quarterback prior to his injury. And he made a few throws, sometimes under pressure, that were simpily perfect and indefensible (including that TD throw that Hope got beat on; Hope had great coverage and still gave it up).

Consider this; the defense was on the field WAAAY too long at times because of our offense's inability to stay on the field. That will make any defense have problems because of fatigue. Our secondary has talent; we saw this on more than a few drives today. Jones is still growing, but has the best talent there. LT remains average, with Hope doing his best in his first real game. Hill looks lost (sorry Gunny, it's true) more times then he looks solid (although that was a heads up play on the INT called back).

The biggest weakness at this point is O-Line and QB confusion.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Woolfolk couldn't be any worse than Hill. The coaches need to make changes when changes are required. Fuller should be playing for Thompson. Heck, Nickey would be that good. The TV anouncers actually made osme comment about Thompson haivng good instincts. I quicklu turned my radio on.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

My being at the game observations.....

Both piller and thompson looked god awful today.....

VY needs to be starting. I couldn't believe how much Collins got boo'ed, it was actually becoming comical. Chris Brown needs an OL, Mawae, Roos, and Bell looked good, but the two guards were awful as usual, I swear if he had the OL though, he'd go for 100+ every week, the man runs hard atleast and doesn't give up. LenDale needs to get some carries also if healthy.

Bulluck, Thornton, Haynesworth, and Hope were very impressive to me on D. Starks stepped up for robaire nicely. The pass rush was non exsistant minus Haynesworth. KVB did has a nice sack though. LaBoy got schooled by D'brick.

Something needs to be done on O though, maybe get a jump start from VY starting or something. Wade looks to be very solid as does Givens. Troupe only had one catch, i don't even think he saw the ball coming when it hit him in the chest and bounced off for the INT, and Drew had a bad drop that would of set us up @ the 5 or 10 yard line, he did have over 100 yards though.The OL is severly holding back this O though, in particular Piller and Olson.

Also i think the shotgun should be impleted more and the ball needs to go downfield more....

a lot of work to do on this team though, it was dead for 3 quarters then actually showed some life in the 4th...

SD next week....lordie

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i would say lamont thompson failed geometry, because obviously doesnt understand angles.

5. i kno exactly what u mean, i was like wtf are u serious, did u not see what green bay did on their first offensive play, lol

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I second the opinion offered by kamikaz. I feel exactly the same way. Pennington is one of the league's most accurate passers. He has the golden touch. Nice pass after nice pass. And the guy is a fighter. He's fighting for his job and it shows. Remember, they asked him to take a paycut. He's got a massive chip on his shoulder.
    LT sucks, and Hill had a bunch of bad plays.

The biggest problem with this team is leadership on offense. Did you see any leadership from Collins? Any emotion at all? VY looked like this team's QB. I can't wait until he's the Starter. This guy is the real deal.

I can't wait to watch the team play next week. Maybe Young will be ready for a little bit more. And then a little bit more, and then a little...

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think the verdict is in on that just yet.
    The Jets running game was very suspect coming into the game.

We'll see next week against LT and the Chargers run game.
    Whole different animal there.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree. Unfortunately we never do it. Not with veterens.

Pillar should be benched.
    Thompson should be benched.
    If Woolfolk plays better then Hill, then bench him.

But we won't do it. And it sucks.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Offensive line....PERIOD!
    Whether you want Volek, Collins, or Young.....it doesn't matter when you can't run and then when you are forced to pass, the pocket collapses on 3 sides in 1 second. No QB, therefor, no offense can do anything at that point.

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

1) Offensive Line- Games are won and lost in the trenches, and this was a perfect example in the game. Our d-line looked awful today, but the o-line looked worse. Pillar is too old, and his time is up. Our running game was horrible because of no holes opened up by the o-line. They just let the defenders come through.

2) DBs- Lamont Thompson is awful, he has no idea what he is doing on the field. We didn't play that bad, in some cases Pennington just made perfect throws, and we couldn't do anything about that. But we looked sluggish out there yesterday for some reason.

MadAboutMcNair makes a great point. Kerry Collins doesn't care about this team, and plays with no emotion. Vince Young was fired up, and plays with emotion. He should be starting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar