Our D Will Be Solid This Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by talldrinko, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Nah, he played FS, but there is considerable talk about him playing SS. I don't see who else on our roster could start at SS but him and the rookie, so yea...

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ideally the roster would look like this...for this year.

QB: McNair, Volek, Young
    RB: Brown, 2-a White, 2-b Henry
    FB: Fleming
    WR: Givens, Calico, Jones, Orr
    WR: Bennett, Roby, Williams
    TE: Troupe, Kinney, Scaife

LT: Roos, Loper
    LG: Pillar, Amano
    C: Mawae, Amano
    RG: Olson, Stewart
    RT: Bell, Stewart (or free agent after june 1)

DE: Vanden Bosch, Schobel
    DT: Starks, Clauss, Mahelona
    DT: Haynesworth, Long
    DE: LaBoy, Odom
    LB: Thornton, Sirmon, (Toone)
    MLB: Tulloch, Reynolds
    LB: Bulluck, Sirmon, Nande

CB: Hill, Woolfolk, Waddell
    CB: Jones, (Gardner), Lowry, Finnegan
    SS: Thompson, Nickey, Hope
    FS: Hope, Fuller, Lowry

P Hentrich
    K Bironas (with some free agent competition...go get Connor Hughes)

KR Finnegan, Roby
    PR Finnegan

I think Toone or Nande ends up on the practice squad or Sirmon gets cut (IF Tulloch can handle MLB AND Nande or Toone can be effective backups on the outside). I think Gardner is the odd man out unless they tap Nickey...but Lowry's a better FS than a SS (as is Finnegan) and could end up as a backup CB and extra zone S. I am hoping McNair gets worked out and stays.

I suspect we may see Kerry Collins instead of McNair and Sirmon starting at MLB. We'll see how Tulloch picks up the D and if McNair budges on his contract desires.

Gut

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought Thompson was really a SS and we moved him to FS because of Tank being at SS

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't know why the Titans would keep Sirmon at this point though I would love to see him make the transition to MLB. I think Rob Reynolds was starting to impress the coaches late in the season and may get a good look here.

I don't think Nickey or Gardner will be on the final 53.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Keep in mind, we'll probably PUP Brandon Jones, so we'll have an extra roster spot. He wouldn't be back until the end of the season, there's no reason not to PUP him, at least that I can think of.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I agree with Nickey and Gardner

Right now we pretty much have to keep Sirmon. We addressed the LB position but not a true MLB. Can Reynolds be the one to hold it down? I don't think a rookie can step in yet.

Still wish we had signed Greisen :(

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Look at Seattle's LB, Lofa Tatupu.

8. Exactly

9. Waddell will get PUPed, too...

10. what does pup mean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar