Our Defense is going to Cost Collins his Job.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

I'm waiting until the bye week before I can really gauge this years team. Keep in mind that the schedule gets a bit easier after our bye. We have a chance to get a streak going and get hot at the right time. That being said, 0-2 is by no means pretty but we are not done by a long shot. I think we can learn from today. The last three games have been heart breakers but I believe better days are ahead of us.

Today was really tough to swallow but lets not turn this into a freak out fest just yet. I do enjoy how every negative thread turns into a Vince Young needs to play debate tho. Jeff and Co. just need to do a bit of fine tuning.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Our defense didnt smack the ball out of Collins hands to lose a fumble and a shot at the game, that simple

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

What if Kerry retired lol. That would be hilarious.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed. I'm by no means declaring the season over or anything, it's just considering the schedule before the bye it's completely possible that we go into the bye 2-4 (maybe even worse). I just don't want us to have to rely on playing lights out the rest of the year to make the playoffs. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.
    And I definitely don't agree with all the people screaming for Vince. He can definitely do some things KC can't but let's not forget KC can do some things that VY can't (namely throwing an accurate ball fairly consistently).

5. iQon

iQon Starter

I hope you're not saying this with a straight face. I don't think the defense is the one that see's nothing open and just throws it to Jeff Fisher. This is 3 straight games where Kerry has failed to make anything happen when we needed him most. The 4th quarter. And he really was nonexistant, period in today's game.

Honestly, I wasn't sure Vince was ready to go back out there yet. But it's bordering necessary now. With such a piss poor effort from our defense, we need someone willing to move around a little to keep a play alive every once and a while. I'm tired of losing close games we have no business losing.

6. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

COllins didn't give up 30+pts to the Texans

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

No they didn't. However, that was the one screw up out of 50 that was not there fault.
    Blaming Collins for this is assinine.

8. lucien05

lucien05 Camp Fodder

The gift interception in Tenn territory was a huge play as well. Kerry had one nice play, the TD to Washington but other than that his only contributions involved letting CJ do all the work.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

You guys hoping we have a winning streak after the tough games? If we cant win the tough ones what makes you think we can win in the playoffs where all the tough teams meet?

You cant pray on beating the weaker teams. You must be able to beat any of them. Some of you just wanna make it to the bye week to get an easier schedule? That says very little about our team.

it's clear all of us have lost the feeling we had a SB team, i think most of now just want at least 9 wins.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Whats sad is CJ lead the team in receiving yards and Rushing yards.

What kind of offense are we trying to run where the Rb is making 80% of the plays? Gage,Nate,Britt,Crump,Cook... why are we not using the WR's more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar