Our Defense is going to Cost Collins his Job.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Wouldn't there need to be winning involved to constitute a bandwagon? That's usually how it goes.

2. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

because anytime collins get a little bit of a rush he throws it away except on the interception. Why not throw that one away Kerry?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Were we ever down by more than 3 points this season? So why people talking about needing a come from behind QB?

Our safety play has been atrocious. Griffin and hope have made more bad plays in 2 games than they did in half a season last year. Harper is obviously not a starting caliber CB any longer.

The loss of haynesworth has certainly not hurt our run defense we are stuffing people big time. Amazingly it is our pass defense that blows.

It is a wide spread problem because we can't cover TEs either.

The talent is there we assume because they did the job before so chuck cecil is the guy on the hot seat and fisher is the guy who fired him.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Amazing that despite all those throwaways he has completed 63% of his passes.

Critics of kerry b***hed that he only had 12 TD passes last year. This year he is on pace to double that.

Maybe we should protect him better. Maybe we could have more consistent running game that can get yardage on 1st and 2nd down not just 3rd down draw plays. Maybe had we made those field goals in the first game.

Kerry played well enough to win those 2 games.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

those third down draw plays did result in 140 yards and two touchdowns...

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Our offense wasn't the problem this week guys, we put up 31 points. Last week our defense allowed 13 and we only scored 10. We have looked VERY good on both sides of the ball, just not in the same game. Very unfortunate, but not disastrous. We just need to work out the kinks. We lined our weakest defensive link up against their best defensive weapon all game. What do you expect? Once we start working as a unit we will be absolutely fine. We showed a shutdown D in the first week and an explosive offense in the second week. Lets get both of those units on the field together and see how we look.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Did we ever give our tackles help with harrison and williams respectively in those 2 games? I'm watching the giants-cowboys game and on the very first pass manning threw they did that. The giant TE Boss more than just chipped on ware.

We had the lack of the screen pass when the steelers were bringing the house to using it to excess in this game.

Want someone to blame? The coaches such!

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Cook-injury
    Nate-injury
    Britt-6 catches 110 yards over 2 games
    Crump-big game today, showed some good moves too
    Gage-9 catches, 105 yards TD over 2 games.

Our RB is running a lot of our offense because he's the most explosive running back in the NFL. He showed us tonight the kind of player he can be if utilized. I know he's not going to get 300 yards every game, but Christ, he literally looked like he was in a game of Madden or something. Put the ball in the playmakers hands. Our receivers will get theres, Kerry has been tossing the ball around pretty well and putting up good yards.

So far:
    2 games, 460 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 1 FUM, 85 QB RAT, 63% completion.
    Thats the guy you all are b*tching about. Sure, the fumble today cost us the game. It was a terrible play, atrocious in fact, and I almost jumped onto the field and murdered someone (I was only about 6 rows away from it ;)) Other then that, he's looking damn good. Let this team work out the problems. I didn't see us/expect us/ want us 0-2 but dammit that's where we are and all were going to be talking about in the AFC Championship OGT is how we panicked in week 2 after losing vs Houston. We'll get it together, and everything will be all right. We've got all the pieces, just haven't gelled correctly just yet.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

we got embarassingly outcoached on both sides of the ball today. This one goes on Fisher. Little Shanahan made our old coaches look like rookies. Our run game has been terrible, our only two runs worth a crap today were on 3rd and 19 and 3rd and 11; with bad defense. Our screen game is the worst not only in the NFL, but also in DIV I college, terrible.

Our defense has given up entirely too many 3rd downs and big plays. The Texans had 7 plays of over 20 yards. We're getting zero pressure up the middle, which is neutralizing our DE rush, KVB and Kearse are getting pressure but the QB has all kinds of room to step right up and avoid them. I'm wondering why we can't play fits with our DTs and MLB in order to maximize the rush up the middle? RollTide is right about our Safety play, which has been absolutely atrocious! Griffin and Hope are too good to be constantly out of position.

I'm really disappointed in our play, Fisher ought to be feeling some heat. I know people are wanting KFC's head, but he really has looked pretty good. The INT was a bad decision, but other than that, every ball he threw was right on the money and led the WRs giving them a chance to make a play. BTW, I don't like Cook split out wide.....if you're gonna run him out, line him up as a TE, it's the only way we're gonna get a mismatch. He ran a terrible route on that slant down by the goal-line, a WR would've made a better play on that ball and finished the route. Bad Coaching again, make a LB or Safety cover him, not a CB unless you're throwing a jump ball.

If Cecil thought he felt some heat on the decision not to blitz last week, it's gonna get really hot now!

10. amy

amy Starter

have to agree with tennfold. In the end, the coach is responsible. And if Vince isn't ready yet for prime time, then when, pray tell, will he be ready? Or do they know he will never be ready and just aren't telling us? He can't get ready if he doesn't play. Is he destined to be only a backup? And if so, then we better start thinking about another qb, regardless whether we signed KC for two more years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar