Our divisions drafts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Then we'd proceed to be terrible.

2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Not so fast. The Texans are not ready made for a Super Bowl run. They have a crap OLine , a suspect secondary and no QB other than a rookie a half rookie and a never has been. Watson is an interception machine and has a noodle arm. He is just a smarter version of VY but not as athletically gifted or as big. They have been 9-7 in a bad South division and the division isn't so bad anymore.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  3. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Jags have always looked good on paper some what.

Texans just can't find a QB. Watson. Is a poverty man's Vince young.

I'm only worried about colts. But. With Mariota going into his third year.

I'll take Mariota over luck everyday

Titans win division by default

4. Carp

Carp Starter

I said they have a Super Bowl around Watson. So any critique on Watson is irrelevant in that regard. But I do have to LOL at the noodle arm comment. You haven't watched one game of Watson if you think that's true.

And it's hard to argue that Houston doesn't have a SB caliber team around Watson. Secondary is hardly suspect. Remember that Bouye was their 3rd best corner before last season. And even if that were true, their DL is so dominant that it masks any deficiencies in their secondary.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

They weren't that dominant. Very good defense but who knows what they look like this coming year. Their OLine still sucks and Watson has a weak arm. You are watching college games my friend. College. The NFL is a much much different animal. He throws weak and throws a ton of interceptions. He had the lowest velocity at the combine and it wasn't close. He has trouble throwing the NFL throws that you have to throw to be successful. He is a less gifted VY that just happens to be a little bit smarter.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think it's the opposite. I think Watson could be a good NFL QB IF he can learn the system and they give him time...two things O'Brien is too short in. I doubt the Texans are smart enough to adapt their offense (those QB gurus never adjust to the QB) to give him a fighting chance. But their D is gonna be hellacious! All Watson has to do is not screw it up! Their D will keep them in games.

Hopefully Adoree will win us a few of those kinds of games with big returns!!!

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well it's hard to imagine the best D in the NFL getting worse by adding JJWatt and Zach Cunningham to it. Should again be the best D in the league unless they lose some important people to injury (Watt, Clowney)?

Injuries and how they use Watson (force Watson into O'Brien's system or adapt it and don't put too much on him day 1) will tell the tale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar