Our Draft Card is turned in...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

With the first pick of the 2016 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select...Laremy Tunsil, OT from Ole Miss.

The Cleveland Browns are now on the clock.

With the hiring of Mularkey, Underwood and Strunk have sunk....our chances to lure upper tier OT Free Agents. None of them will want to come play for what they know is a sinking ship. Not even for a little extra coin that other teams are offering. We will have to settle for FA scraps.

With that being the case, we simply have no choice now, but to take Tunsil. RT is the biggest need this offseason, and we simply cannot fill it in FA. The QB needy teams will just sit tight and wait for any one of Goff, Lynch, Wentz, or Cook to fall to them. None of them will be so desperate as to mortgage half of their draft this year, plus an early pick or two next year. There are 4 guys with 1st Rd grades, and teams will be content with that.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 5
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 3
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

#LTsDontWinSuperBowls

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I'm not saying that is who I want, but whom we will HAVE to pick, now....so why throw a pile of poo at me?

Free Agency is a lot like college recruiting. The Athlete doesn't have to take the offer of the highest bidder....and we have never been a team which bids the highest. So, we will be forced to address the RT in the draft.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 4
    • Boring Boring x 2
  4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Worst thread ever. You have no idea about any of this, all of this is speculation. The season just ended the combine hasn't even happened yet. Way too far ahead of yourself and who made you gm? Don't be an ignoramus...

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

The idea that players won't come because of our ownership and coaches is just wrong. Players go where the money is and the Titans have a lot of it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Exactly. Money talks. I don't care how shotty the team is, they will come - $$

The question and issue will be, will we over pay for someone such as the Levitre deal.

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

@JCBRAVE leave the poo throwing to the monkeys.o_O

8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Average Free Agents, perhaps, but most elite FA's are choosier about the teams they go to. You also have to take into account that the Titans are the stingiest team in the league, in terms of staying well under the salary cap and not paying for top players.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Watch this discussion between Mike and Mike. The first one is like "the Titans absolutely should trade out of that pick." The other Mike is saying precisely I what did in the first post. That is to say there ain't no trading partner to be had.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • Boring Boring x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey when I see a bad idea I have to say something. Burning up the No.1 overall pick on a guy who doesnt touch the ball is beyond stupid. We have a chance a game changer and people want to use that on a fat guy that just stands there? Ha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar