Our Draft Card is turned in...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I agree on Tunsil. Once more, he was one of the Top 5 overall HS players in the country, coming out of HS. That means the major recruiting services felt he was a better player than some of the nation's best RB's, QB's, CB's, DE's, DT's, etc. I hate Ole Miss, but Tunsil lived up to the hype.

Just knowing that you have 2 elite bookend OT's and a franchise QB, should give a HC confidence in his offense, going forward. That is something we have not had. Even Roos and Stewart, when healthy didn't give use that much insurance. I think Poutasi can be a dominant LG. We really just need to address the C position. We might be good to go, with Schwenke, if he can stay healthy.

I still think, if Derrick Henry is still on the board when we pick at the top of the 2nd, we have to take him. Tunsil would help solidify the OL and Henry would do the same for our running game. With a solid OL across the board, he and Mariota should be able to go off on most defenses.

#71 TitanUpB4UGO, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I'm still kind of edgy and uncertain if Elliott or Henry will be available at 33.

3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Same here. I suspect the Texans will be heavily considering him, in the 1st...to replace Arian Foster, who is always injured. Hopefully they will go with WR or QB, there.

I doubt Elliot will get out of the 1st, but personally I like Henry the best, anyway. He can make his money running between the tackles and is equally difficult out on the edge, cause he has such good speed and a wicked stiff arm

• Troll Troll x 1
  4. Broken Arrow

say they do fall to 33 -- who do you pick - speed or brawn?

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No way Elliott makes it to 33, but you take him if there. He does it all. I'd be happy with either though, considering how bad Sankey is.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

That's the thing about Henry...he has BOTH. That's how he held National High School records in rushing and won the Heisman. Elliot has a little more shake and bake, but we already have enough of that, in Sankey....and it hasn't served us very well. Henry, all day, IMHO.

He ran a 4.4 in HS camps, and in Bama Spring tests, he ran a 4.5 flat. That's moving for a 240lb back.
    Alabama standout RB Derrick Henry 'freaky' strong and athletic, continues to evolve as player | AL.com

Derrick Henry greatest high school football player ever

#76 TitanUpB4UGO, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    • Troll Troll x 1
  7. Broken Arrow

I almost see no way around Indianapolis taking Zeke

8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

if indi ignores their oline or dline another year for a skill position I think they will riot

9. Broken Arrow

I expect them to be major competition in reeling for OL in FA

10. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Indy has to pay Luck with a huge contract. That will limit their buying ability. That is why we need to be smart and fix our line before Mariota reaches his new contract. Fix it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar