Our Identity

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwhite0303

jwhite0303 Starter

Why does the team's identity have to be tied to a specific part or phase of the game, i.e. run-first, pass-first, etc.? Personally, I would love the team's identity to very simple: be the meanest, toughest, bloody your nose, bust your lip, slap you in the face, hard-hitting football team in the NFL. I don't care how they do it, just get back to the old days where teams hated playing the Titans because they knew they would need plenty of ice after the game.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I can't see a guy like Dez coming here. Dallas will pay him whatever he wants and if he does leave he'll just go to another contender. I also doubt Denver will let Thomas go when they need all the talent they can get to surround Peyton for his final year or 2 years at the most.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

Thats why we pursue Suh, guys a scum bag, no one in the league enjoys playing that man.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. jwhite0303

jwhite0303 Starter

Coaches won't admit it, but most would love to have a bunch of those kinda guys on the roster.

6. JCBRAVE

thats why I suggested we sign Richie Incognito back when our oline was falling apart

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

We need to be feared again! I love playing F*%& EM UP Football!

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Nice job on this post. I agree that they need an identity and some attitude before we even think about being competitive. I honestly believe that they will go Offensive, as Whiz is just dead set on his "System" etc. I'll deal with that, but they need a true outside WR, line help, and to be able to establish the run somehow. If you can't run, you don't win generally. Personally, I like the idea of building a mean Defense. It takes pressure off of the Offense and generally you can add WR's/and RB's later in the draft and through FA. It's hard to create an elite D with play makers. Lets not forget, that they have Luck to face, Mallett, and now Bortles, and those teams will be adding offensive weapons as well. At #2 you need an impact player, not a project. I want a Cooper, Williams, type of guy here. Enough of the goofing around.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Having an Identity starts in the front office. if they have no real sense of what to do then you have no chance of forming an identity.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar