Our main man...to the Ravens?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I cannot see this happening...ever.

AP reports declining to mention any names of veteran free agents, Ravens HC Brian Billick said the Ravens have divided the potentially available quarterbacks in three categories: ones that would be brought in as the undisputed starter, ones that would compete against QB Kyle Boller for the starting job and ones that would simply be signed for the backup role. It's assumed QB Drew Brees, QB Daunte Culpepper and QB Steve McNair (who still might be released) would be given the starting job if signed. But the Ravens likely have concerns about the injury status of Brees and Culpepper. The quarterbacks who would be given the opportunity to battle Boller in training camp probably include QB Kerry Collins and QB Brian Griese. Others such as QB Gus Frerotte and QB Chris Weinke likely would be backups. Based on how the quarterback market is projected to shape up, Boller has a solid shot at remaining the starter. "This [quarterback search] doesn't mean we don't have faith in Kyle," Billick said. "It doesn't mean we don't think Kyle is and is going to be a very good quarterback for us. All we're saying is we wouldn't eliminate the potential of who might be in the market to add to this team. Our expectations are very, very high for Kyle."

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Too much attrition to the dirty birds.

Not even for pick #13 and Derrick Mason back.

Wait a sec....

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Biglick probably thinks he can pull Leaf back into the league and coach him up to take the Ratbirds back to the playoffs.

That place is a QB deathtrap.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Billick was an OC in MN before he became a HC. Its not very often when an OC becomes a HC and his defense is better than his offense

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

How long are they going to have "very high expectation" for boller? Damn, that's a lot of faith in a guy, too bad they picked the wrong one...

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If McNair is released and wants to go to the Ravens let him. He can lose there just as easily as he can here.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

McNair doesn't help them in my opinion. Culpepper tho is a major upgrade. He can get the ball downfield in a hurry.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

good QBs just dont happen in Baltimore.

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

What else do you expect Billick to say? "I have no confidence in my quarterback"?

Boller's QB rating was 71.8 last year (his career high), 29th on the league's top 30 list. The 30th was his backup, Anthony Wright, with a 71.7. Ratings of other QBs mentioned in the post:
    10. Brees 89.2
    18. McNair 82.4
    20. Collins 77.3
    28. Frerotte 71.9

Weinke (93.1), Griese (79.6), and Culpepper (72.0) didn't have enough attempts to qualify for the top 30 list, but if they had, they'd knock the Ratbird QBs out of it. Based only on last year's QB ratings, just about anyone would be an upgrade.

As a first-round draft pick coming out of college, Boller had all the tools. I'd have to place the blame on Billick for not coaching him up. It might be more appropriate for Boller to say, "I have no confidence in my coach."

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

to opponent secondaries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar