Our new WRs..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Don't forget D-Mase wasn't an impact rookie for us either.

His first 3 years with the Titans/Oilers were not very productive as a receiver or as a returner. Year 4 was when he really broke out.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1816

His stats in the first couple of years are actually not dis-similar to Roby's. With Pacman and Wade taking the majority of the returns, Roby hasn't been as prolific as a returner, but his rookie stats (in particular) are very similar to Mason's.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419764

Brandon Jones' stats are superior to Mason's returns in two years as a receiver and are a promising sign entering his 3rd season.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/414118

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Paul "The Punisher" Williams
    [​IMG]
    He's gonna knock Antonio Margarito out then the colts.

3. i do think that we are going to have two #1 type receivers, Brandon Jones and Paul Williams

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Those are good points. Even guys like Terrell Owens and Steve Smith didn't light the world on fire their first couple of years in the league. Steve Smith only had 10 catches for 154 yards his first year. Chad Johnson had a robust 28 receptions for 329 yards his first year. Rod Smith had two years of 152 and 237 yards his first two years before 6 straight 1000+ yards seasons. Isaac Bruce only had 272 yards his first year but put up almost 1800 yards his sophmore year.

The bottom line is we could go on and on showing examples of WRs who took a year or two before breaking out. People that think we could just draft Meachum and all our problems would be solved are just plain wrong at least in year one. Personally I like the odds of at least one or more of the guys we drafted hitting it big in the next couple of years and Brandon Jones is set to break out this year.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

why does everyone think Meachem would have solved our problem single-handedly. What if he's a bust or never plays to his potential. theres a lot of 1stround WR's that turn out into busts and late rounders that turn into gems. Give it time people we have 3 solid WR's we brought we loads of potential.

If one or 2 become solid or better contributers and Meachem bust then we look smart. If Meachem puts up good #'s so be it. He is bound to though since he is playing in New Orleans but give our guys some time I see them being a very good group. If they work hard and have the desire they will be so just be pacient.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

This might be a dumb question but is that really the same guy we drafted in round 3 this year?

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Whewww........I thought we had a Zibwikoski on our hands.

He's not goin to the NFL he will be a boxer mark my words.

8. well since that is a pic of him boxing, i would think thats a safe bet

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Sick boxer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar