Our new WRs..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i dont think that he can compare to Mayweather tho, that guy is sick

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Williams is still a green prospect, and they are completely different fighters. But Williams is 6'2 and has very fast hands; he has an exciting future. I hope he wrecks Margarito and puts to rest that Antonio is an A-List talent...

3. i dont watch boxing, i just heard alot about De La Hoya vs Floyd Mayweather on espn saturday night when i got home

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Mayweather should of won by more points then he did.

5. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I think de la Hoya should have won.. He was def. the aggressor in that fight with Mayweater running from him the entire match because I watched it.. There was one round where the judges or whoever put up like 40 punches thrown by Mayweather and 20 landed which would have been a pretty good percentage if it was true because we counted his punches that round and he only threw like 20 and it was like that the entire match.. If you didn't actually watch the match live then you don't really know what went down I'm telling you de la Hoya should have won I'm serious..

6. i didnt watch the fight but i kno mayweather refers to himself in 3rd person

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No he doesn't. He's just cocky as hell.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Being aggressive means nothing if you can't land punches. Floyd landed more punches and controlled the entire fight. He coasted through it. It was as close to a walk in the park as it gets.

De La Hoya won 5 rounds at MOST. I had him winning 4 up through the 8th, after that it wasn't even close. Mayweather just walked the guy. Oscar only had 1 punch he landed with consistency and he stopped using it way too early (jab). More than likely because he continued to get countered when he'd use it.
    But this fight was nowhere near being close. If you analyze each round, the only rounds Oscar won were the ones Floyd let him win by trying to get him tired by flailing sloppy punches.
    According to CompuBox statistics, Mayweather landed 207 of 481 punches. De La Hoya landed 122 of 587
    And Paul Williams is pretty good. Good enough to beat the extremely over rated Margarito. Joshua Clottey should have beaten him, but broke his hand. That's my dude right there.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Judges are not the same as punch stat..

Punch stat doesn't come from the judges that is a different thing but it is a way to see if the judges did a good job.

Either de la hoya is the biggest choker ever or he is unlucky because he has lost 4 big fights he wasn't supposed to lose. A second tier hall of fame type guy but not primo. The trinidad fight defined him for me because he out boxed the guy for 2/3 of the fight and then cashed it in. A truly great champ would have been looking to finish trinidad. Sugar ray leonard would have made trinidad look sick and then finished strong. I guess de la hoya thought that it was an 8 rd fight..

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Someone tell gloat..

The titans paul williams isn't a top ranked welterweight boxer. Funny because the boxer paul williams and our paul williams are almost the same height but there is a 60 lb weight difference. Yikes!

Welterweight is always an exciting division..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar