Our offense and defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

OK I got them backwards then - I thought it was CB who went out and did not come back in with an ankle. And I thought TH had an ankle, but could play. Not much difference really as 9 had the biggest most important run of the day anyhow.

2. Cronus

Cronus I once ruled the universe

Well offensively we stunk, there is no way to sugarcoat it. Either Steve would miss them or the recievers would drop it. The timing was way off, I guess cause Steve just hasn't had time to get in sync cause hes been out of practices... We need OL help, Steve had to run for his life more than he should have and there were no lanes for chris and travis most of the time or the texans were in the backfield. I saw Hartwig get knocked down and beat most of the time. Did anyone see if Bell saw any playing time? I didn't notice. Our RB screens have been working here latley atleast lol...

Defensively we were fine until the 'hey lets go in prevent' even though they couldn't contain our blitzes and pass rushes all day arrrr.. well too many big runs by Davis though...

Oh well hard to get excited about this win lol, these teams are both horrible :p

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

The running game is suffering because of the poor playing of the OL, IMO. There was one drive where the Titans pounded the ball 5 or 6 times in a row and got a decent amount of yards until they were finally stopped on a third down. But other than that it was an inconsistent day for the OL - the Texans' DL had good pentration the whole game hitting Brown and Henry at least 4 or 5 times in the backfield, and this was against one of the worst D in the league.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No way our RBs should be taking heat for the poor running game. Brown and Henry are both decent NFL backs and neither is getting much room at all. Heck Brown had a carry for 5 yards on 1st down in the first series and on the very next play he got caught 5 yards in the backfield as he was getting the handoff. On the second series Brown had a run for 9 yards but on the next play was tackled again in the backfield for a 3 yard loss. On the next drive Brown's only carry of the drive was for 6 yards. The first drive of the second quarter Henry carries one time for 1 yard (gets hammered at the LOS) and we throw 5 passes before punting. On the next series we had two runs for a toal of 3 yards but were able to get a FG after Troupe and Henry had nice catch and runs.
    In the second half we come out with runs of 6,2,7,11,3 and 5 before Henry is blown up at the LOS of a -1. Seth Payne looked like the second coming of Reggie White for most of the game and was completely unblockable.

5. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

WOW you speak as if you watched the game! IF someone on this team could catch we would have one a few more games. What Steve needs to do is ask to be released so he can go play for a team that has some weapons. I would much rather see Steve at the end of his career playing for a team that has a chance - not wasting his time throwing through tires.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

It's been two years since that has been posted here.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Man it'd be nice to find another Mason, someone with glue on his gloves. Maybe another little shifty/quick guy too. Anyone see much of the Moss kid from Miami?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar