Our Scouts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by kenny, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Wes slay sounds kinda dangerous tho.

2. kenny

kenny Starter

When I say mentally weak I am looking at football IQ and their actions a lot. One example is Hunter. Guy has all the potential in the world. All he has to do is catch the balls that hit him in the hands and he is a difference maker. He often shows a lack of confidence in his personality. Even to the extent that announcers have pointed it out.

I guess what I am trying to say is it seems like several of the picks we have had, just don't seem to figure out the game at the NFL level. As Scarecrow said maybe this is a lack of coaching and development. It is hard to say that with them being in the hands of so many different Coaches/OCs/DCs and still not getting it. However to some extent that has to be part of it.

Someone mentioned us taking the safe pick all the time. Maybe that is right. I don't know for sure.

I am just to the point that I would love to see a guy come to this team and shock us all on Sundays. We have to find that guy this year, be it in the draft or FA this team desperately needs a play maker! Just one guy to give us a reason to watch! Sure more would be better, but at this point one would make me extremely happy. Maybe Mett is that guy. For the sake of this team, I hope so!

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

was Locker safe?

4. kenny

kenny Starter

For the record I am not one of those guys that believes Mett is going to fix the entire team. I highly doubt he fixes QB. I really hope he does though. We need to spend that 1st round pick on a play maker!

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

There is a gigantic difference between a player being 'mentally weak' and simply not being a super star. Hunter was drafted as a freakish athlete who, as a WR, was/is very raw. They took a gamble on greatness and the jury is still out. But that is what you get when you take a gamble on greatness. you may see me refer to certain prospects as Boom or Bust picks because they tend to be one or the other.

Showing a lack of confidence in personality off the field means not much. Many football players are actually pretty calm down to earth people who will knock you out ON the field.

But I understand you're frustration. I have been following this team since Warren Moon was an Oiler and watched them long before that.

So where are you on Winston/Mariota? Both are what I consider Boom or Bust picks. Both have the talent to be Super Star QB's but it is easy to see Mariota not be able to run a conventional offense or consistently throw into tight windows and Winston has a VY meltdown or off the field trouble that gets him kicked out. Do you gamble on another potential superstar? Or do you take the 'safe' pick and grab a top D player or offensive impact player?

6. kenny

kenny Starter

I am not sold on any QB this year. I liked Carr last year, but we missed a chance at him. Glad we didn't take him in the 1st, but would of liked to have gotten him. I think you are dead on with the boom or bust on the two you mentioned.

At this point I think you take the best weapon in the 1st. Not a lineman. We need a sack machine, a INT machine, a TD machine, IDK it just has to be a player that can make a difference on the field on Sunday. If one of those QBs gives us that them yeah take them, but if that is a question mark then gamble on the 2nd round pick. Take a QB then. I really hope (Doubt, but hope) that Mett shocks the world and is the 2nd coming of Brady. That way all you have to worry about is picking difference makers. At some point you have to go with your gut and take that guy that you just know in your heart will be a monster. I am hoping for a revamped defense after the draft. I know there are so many holes I could ramble on for hours so I will shut up now. LOL

7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I forever hate the Vikings for taking Anthony Barr. That guy is ballin' out this year.

But then I remind myself, even if he was available the Titans would have probably passed him up.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Hey, do our scouts sell those mint cookies too? I know they wear the little skirts and sash.

9. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Never heard of any of these ever mentioned, but C.O. Brocoto is the only scout I have heard of several times mentioned for the Titans and I don't see him on the list.

If it were not for the Titans most of these guys would be on Obama care right now.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

desperate pick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar