Our Special Teams are the worst

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Danimal, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

That's all you need to know. This organization has been a joke under Munchak.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

The league has made Kick-offs pointless. Unless you are one of the few elite returners... take a knee. It seems 90% of them are in the endzone anyway.

Having an elite returner - like Hester - is a rarity, anyway... returners are almost worthless now.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yep. Last year.

Plenty of times during his tenure he was average-to-many-wanting-him-GONE.

Short memories. Alan Lowry wasn't exactly a great STs coach.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Munch logic.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Where is Lowry working now?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

What was wrong with the special teams this game? The only thing I saw wrong was 2 kick offs that should have been downed. The punt to the 1 was just a great kick by a THIRD ROUND punter.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

There was actually ZERO precedence for firing Alan... had this been a normal job (9-5'er) there would be serious grounds to sue... but alas, in the sporting world the phrase 'we are going in a different direction' is all you need....

I was so pissed when we fired him. Munch was under-performing and by axing so many people, he was just scapegoating for another year...

Ironically we've suffered from horrible field position and that hurt the team a lot. I'm not saying that because he fired Alan he lost his job, but had he kept him it definitely woulda helped him out...

beyond ALLL thing things that Alan did for us over the years and how good he was, I'll leave you with this...

Under his system/scheme, Ray looked like a good return man... yeah, just let that sink in for a second...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titan_fan_4ever

i actually read an article talking about the SF special teams and how they made it an effort to keep the unit the same, and it didn't cost much, but it really helped them out.

also, we've never really given Alan a great return man, but he always made it work out. Marc was nothing special if you ask me but in Alan's system, he was great for us.

when they gave him someone with potential (think Pacman back in the day), in only his 2nd year he should have broken Devin's record for return TD's in a year (but like 3 or 4 were called back for stupid penalties)...

9. titan_fan_4ever

i'm still shocked thinking how Munch let Alan go... i mean he has been with the team seemingly forever (like munch) and was truly always really good for us... just like munch was great for the OL, alan was the same for ST....

inept HC to say the least.... and i'm so happy it came back to bite him in the a**

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

dont worry munch will be heading out the door soon if things do not turn around for this team. We continue to make mistakes on special teams by running the ball out of the end zone when taking a knee is clearly the better option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar