Outdoor Speakers

Discussion in 'Gear' started by VolnTitan, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I am leaning towards the A650. The only thing is the AP650 are a little cheaper and their sensitivity is better, but don't know if 91db is that better than 89db. And I also love the pivoting tweeter deal so I can always adjust the "sweet spot". I just get leary with the whole "get what you pay for" idea because the price on these is so reasonable considering how unbelievable the specs are on paper.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

then again, it depends on how loud you plan to get with your outdoor action.
    if you plan on gettin real loud, then I might not suggest any of these.
    3db of sensitivity is not really that big-a-deal with part-time occassional use equipment ...... what receiver are you hooking these to ?

(i will add this : on the 4th, i had a little boom box outside my garage while i was getting things ready.....once a few people showed up, i added a second boom box out my living room window ....... then al of a sudden, my neighbor across the street cranked up something ... it was loud ... loud enough to drown out 30 people in my yard and this thing was across the street ...... it was this http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=awms_wave_index])

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I will be hooking it up to my old stereo which is an Adcom Preamp/Tuner with a seperate amp. Will have plenty of power. I won't be playing it loud or anything, but it is when it is low that I still want to hear some "fullness". Those speakers I posted links for are a little "big", meaning about 11" in height, but I thought with the 6 1/2" woofer, it might provide some low end even in the open.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Kef are great speakers, but on paper (I know...on paper) the specs are better on the other speakers and they are less than 1/2 the price. I know I am fretting over nothing. I mean, it is outside. Even the best most expensive speakers are only going to sound decent in the great outdoors with nothing for the sound to "bounce off" from.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:tj:
    You young whipper-snappers better keep it down because I'll know when it's cranked up, there is a party goin' on and I'll be crashin'.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Fo-shizzle yo! If you be hearing Snoops on my jams, then you knows its going down.....yo.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you're right
    the Kef's are quite expensive .... there's always eBay

I'll stick by those 650's
    but it concerns me that the price wa dropped so low

but hey,...... for $159 .... who cares if they suck , right ?

years ago I bought an MTX outdoor speaker ($99) and actually used it for my center channel. it worked very well. it was a 3-way and had decent range. I got it at HH Gregg. you might wanna see if they have them still. I always prefer to buy something like this in town, just in case I need to return it

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I know squat about outdoor speakers, but I think they'd over some type sub if you really want the lows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar