Overall Feeling on the Titan's Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theprizdfighter, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

We should have traded up and taken Giles instead of Lowry imo. And I'm not sure what they were thinking in the 7th round, but hey. I do like the rest of the picks.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

righto

anyway, I think we did better than good

I think the Tulloch pick was a little better than I had originally conceived
    Lowry may have ben a stretch where we took him , but only time will tell
    Orr and Mahelona were good solid values
    Ganter and Toone were picks 245 / 246 - enough said
    Vince was the "sexy" pick of the draft, and while not everyone wanted him - it sure did make alot of Texans pissed so I love it

BUT, .... Lendale White @ #45 was the 'steal' of the Day 1 picks
    no way he should have lasted as long as he did
    no way he shoulda been there AFTER we traded with Philly
    I was convinced the Philly would nab White @ #39 (our pick)
    White is a prototypical RB for Fisherball, he accounts for everything that Jeff wants in a RB, and Chow finally got a piece of his puzzle. White is a between the tackles - get the hard yards - score the TD kinda RB. it wouldn't surprise me to see him get 10 TD's a season and only 160 carries
    the LenDale pick had me absolutely giddy
    he shoulda went to Pitt at the latest as he is as close to Bettis as anyone has been in recent memory
    I still think him slipping was a conspiracy contrived by him and Titans

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

looks like about everyone agrees... the only thing i was disappointed with was that we didnt even try to trade up in the fourth or third.
    VY is scary... in every sense of the word. only time will tell
    i'm buying a lendale jersey today
    cant believe we picked the penn safety.. hopefully i'll get proved wrong on that.
    tulloch sounds like kassell to me
    nande i think would be amazing if they moved him to middle (but they wont). he's a freak. fastest LB in the draft and had 41 reps!!! on bench
    orr... could be good. smaller calico that can catch
    mahelona - couldnt go wrong there - he was a late round anyhow...
    the other guys... i know nothing of them
    pretty solid draft.

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

Couldnt agree more

5. TM

TM Starter

No matter who we picked in the 7th round, 90% of fans would have never heard of him.

6. true, but the 1st two picks are really going to bring in some fans

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

We need to fire our scouting staff... and it wouldn't shock if Fisher leaves after next year because he's getting tired of the front office.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Lowry was a 1st team All-Big 10 as a DB and was projected by most "experts" to go in the 4th or 5th round. We needed depth at the Safety position and got it.

9. and hes white! haha jk but hes really fast too which is nice

10. The day 2 picks were mostly no-names, at least as far as the average fan is concerned. But that means nothing. Who was Justin McCareins? Who was Jacob Bell? Justin Hartwig? Peter Sirmon?

I'll put faith in the scouts. They picked a bunch of guys who sound like they could be pretty good. It's just too early to tell.

And it seems like a lot of them should be big special teams contributors early on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar