Overall Feeling on the Titan's Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theprizdfighter, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I was one of the guys who didn't really want VY but they usually don't call me before important decisions. All in all, I think if he can take his time before becoming a starter that he'll do just fine. Lendale will be a steal IMO. Everybody else is there to compete for positions and add depth. We won't be relying on a seventh round rookie to come in and start. We needed depth at LB and we got it. Now we have good solid vet starters and youth to back them up. Totally different from last year. We'll have nice competition at safety with Hope, Thompson, Fuller, and Lowry (who some folks are really big on). I think we did pretty good. Only time can really tell, though.

It'll be intresting to see if they keep Henry and Brown along with White. I would rather see them get rid of Henry (just because Brown is a character guy). Maybe Star, or anyone else who may know, can answer this; wouldn't it be feasable to release Volek and Henry along with someone else (maybe Sirmon?) in order to free up enough money to re-sign Mcnair. Seems to me that they would really want to get him back to help bring Vince along. I don't know what their cap figure would come to but it seems like getting rid of those guys would get us in the ball park of what it would take to get Steve back. Hopeful thinking, I know... If we have to Vince this season we'll be in trouble.

3. They won't be cutting Volek (though a trade is possible). And they won't cut Henry unless he loses a training camp battle and they feel like he won't contribute. But even then he won't save them much.

They can clear cap room to keep McNair if they want to. But how much it's worth to them is debateable. I expect McNair to be in Baltimore and Volek will begin the year as the starter, but we'll see...

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Might want to hold off on the White jersey. Don't know what number he'll take since Hill has 21.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The messiah can always trade #21 for #1.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

He could.....but will he~~~~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar