Overrated and Underrated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We have been over this before. ALL receivers in the league drop passes, to hold Bennett to some higher standard is crazy. When he makes 10 catches and "drops" one, all of a sudden Drew drops passes. It's just silly to single him out, when Vince has had far more bad throws to Drew than Drew has drops. Why don't people mention that? Blaming Drew for Vince's problems is getting old. Vince is a "hero" to some of the people posting here, so when Drew drops a pass, they are insulted. TO has had GLARING drops, where the ball hit him right in the hands, and not a defender was around him. He leads the league in drops, but also has more catches. It goes with the territory. Most of Drews drops have been marginal passes, or a defender was draped all over him. Then we tend to forget the great catches he does make, like the one against the Colts in triple coverage. I am just sick of all the negativity about him. He is a #2 receiver, and for what we pay him he does a good job. Since he leads the team in receptions, he usually draws the other teams best defender. If Givens were on the field it would certainly help. I have even posted stats that prove Bennett is far from the worst at dropping passes, but people continue to dwell on it. They don't even believe facts. It really gets old seeing people continually making comments that are not true. The problem is Vince, and most people can't accept that, or just want to make excuses for him. Bennett led this team in yards one year, he just didn't all of a sudden became a bad receiver. Sometimes you have to face facts, whether you like them or not.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I like him.. but not his performance this season.
    Explain how is a pass which he catches then drops VY's fault?

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Many factors. Did he get the ball there on time, or was he late and a defender is getting ready to take his head off. Drew is 6'5, tall receivers aren't the best at going down low for balls, but a guy like Mason does well at that. It takes time to develop chemistry between a QB and receiver. They have to get used to the type of pass Vince throws. A lot of people have dropped his passes this year, in fact Wade and Troupe at one point led the list. You are seeing less "drops" from everyone the more they get used to Vince. How many times has Vince thrown a sure interception and the pass was dropped by the defender? I can only surmise he throws a difficult pass to catch, and it takes some getting used to. One person even posted a video of Drew dropping a ball, and it cleary showed Drew was almost out of bounds, and knew a defender was getting ready to nail him. So he is adjusting to a ball thrown thrown a little off target, worrying about keeping his feet in bounds, and waiting for a hit. That is hardly the same as someone running in the open field and dropping a nice pass laid out in front of them. let's be realistic.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Only time will tell.

5. bennet is garbage now, get over it

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

If you could spell his name correctly, your post would have more validity. On second thought, no it wouldn't.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

True, I think next year will be much different. We can only get better.

8. Over- KVB, Bobby Wade
    Under- Stewart, Roos

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Over Rated:
    Haynesworth

Under Rated:
    Brandon Jones

I cant say Drew Bennett is over rated, bc, how can someone be over rated if they are getting constantly bashed day in and day out?

10. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Overrated=Keith Bulluck

Underrated=Michael Roos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar