Overrated and Underrated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

he's afraid to get hit

2. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

I was gonna stay out of this debate, but I just couldn't resist. In the games that I have watched this year, One thing I have noticed on multiple occassions, is Drew, gets open, runs descent routes, but when It comes to being a reciever that Makes agressive plays on the ball, he doesn't have it in him. I have seen many passes that he simply gave up on, and didn't even attempt to catch, where some of the great ones, would have found a way to haul them, in.

And those two drops above, where just straight up DROPS, maybe lack of concentration? I want go as far as saying he sucks, like some will, because he made it to the league which speaks volumes about his potential.

3. Fry

he isnt a natural WR. i cant fault him for it, he used to be a qb. something he does that drives me insane is when he catches the ball, he doesnt snatch it out of the air. he kind of leaves the ball out from his body. i think thats why he drops so many when he gets hit.

4. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Good Post bigtitan53279...

that's what I meant about being aggressive, he doesn't GO GET it Like some of the better Recievers.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Overrated - Lendale White. I'm not sure his head is in the right place to ever be a difference maker in the NFL. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe disappointing is a better term for him than overrated, though.

Underrated - Bud Adams. The man directly responsible for drafting Vince Young.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Nice post of Vince clearly underthrowing a wide open receiver on the first one, so that the defender was going to clean his clock if he came back for it standing up.

On the second he has a pretty healthy linebacker bearing down on him. He's not the first receiver to drop one under those circumstances. Keep up the good work. Do you have some of Wade and Troupe dropping passes wide open and not under pressure. I bet you do.

7. Fry

like i said, he's afraid to get hit.

hands= catch.

8. Fry

bennett is a step above this guy. i think it's only a matter of time before he does it too.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3o2ULj5IsQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3o2ULj5IsQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I didnt know we were even going to rate a player who averages 2-3 a touches a game when he is ever in a game, which is unfortunately, rarely

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He's not built like TO. As far as his hands, all good receivers are taught to catch with their hands and bring the ball into their body. When a defender is right in your face and makes contact before that happens, it's possible to get a drop. How many balls has our defense seperated from receivers this year? I can remember several in the Colts game. Do the Colts have receivers that drop balls too? You cannot win this.....all receivers drops passes from time to time. Find another dead horse to beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar