Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Overrated/Underrated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
  1. metal957 In"Vince"Able

Moolah:
    $0
    Troupe is mine to but Hope is certainly understandable
  2. Vigsted Starter

Moolah:
    $1,430
    How can Hope be underrated, when there's been nothing but rave about how he's going to stabilise our young secondary?

Again, I think it says alot about National media coverage of the Titans when the two only players mentioned are our newest signings. Prisco probably couldn't mention any Titan's players other than KVB, Bulluck, our recent FA's and draft signings...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    Because Polamalu got all the credit for the Pittsburgh D.
  3. Vigsted Starter

Moolah:
    $1,430
    He was underrated on the Pittsburgh team, but he doesn't play there anymore and he's by no means underrated with the Titans.
  4. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    His point about Givens is certainly true but Givens might help out as much in the running game as in the passing game with his blocking ability.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    and he hasnt played with the Titans yet.
  5. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    Until the Titans started looking at Hope as a possible FA pickup I had not heard of the guy at all. Apparently he wasn't real well known outside of Pitt and might really be a super player (we sure hope so). When the Titans brought in Schulters as a FA I had not heard much about him either. Anytime a player plays alongside a super star like Polamalu they are always going to be overlooked.
    Just look at Donnie Nickey for example. He played along side Doss and the Titans noticed that he was just as good or better than the highly touted Doss. Thus they made a move, traded up in the draft and the rest is history.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    I only knew of Schulters because my bro and dad are 49er fans and I had seen him play. I knew he was a good player but hadn't heard much of him elsewhere.
  6. aloving77 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Overrated: Defensive end Jevon Kearse isn't the player he was with the Titans. He doesn't have the same burst and opponents don't have to account for on every play. He's still pretty good, but no longer an elite pass rusher.

At least we got this one right.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.