Overrated/Underrated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

Troupe is mine to but Hope is certainly understandable

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How can Hope be underrated, when there's been nothing but rave about how he's going to stabilise our young secondary?

Again, I think it says alot about National media coverage of the Titans when the two only players mentioned are our newest signings. Prisco probably couldn't mention any Titan's players other than KVB, Bulluck, our recent FA's and draft signings...

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because Polamalu got all the credit for the Pittsburgh D.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

He was underrated on the Pittsburgh team, but he doesn't play there anymore and he's by no means underrated with the Titans.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

His point about Givens is certainly true but Givens might help out as much in the running game as in the passing game with his blocking ability.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and he hasnt played with the Titans yet.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Until the Titans started looking at Hope as a possible FA pickup I had not heard of the guy at all. Apparently he wasn't real well known outside of Pitt and might really be a super player (we sure hope so). When the Titans brought in Schulters as a FA I had not heard much about him either. Anytime a player plays alongside a super star like Polamalu they are always going to be overlooked.
    Just look at Donnie Nickey for example. He played along side Doss and the Titans noticed that he was just as good or better than the highly touted Doss. Thus they made a move, traded up in the draft and the rest is history.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I only knew of Schulters because my bro and dad are 49er fans and I had seen him play. I knew he was a good player but hadn't heard much of him elsewhere.

10. aloving77

aloving77 Camp Fodder

Overrated: Defensive end Jevon Kearse isn't the player he was with the Titans. He doesn't have the same burst and opponents don't have to account for on every play. He's still pretty good, but no longer an elite pass rusher.

At least we got this one right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar