Overrated/Underrated

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We did this last year and it seemed like everyone had a lot of fun with it. Name one prospect that you think is underrated and overrated with your reasoning.

Overrated: Barkevious Mingo
    A small, weak defensive end who will need to change positions and never had great production playing on one of the most talented defensive lines in the country.

Underrated: Giovani Bernard
    A former wide receiver who successfully made the transition to running back. Had over 2400 yards and 25 rushing TDs along with over 800 receiving yards and six touchdowns in two years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Ansah- overrated.

(Right now) only because he's likely to go really high in the draft merely based off of potential. (Although I wouldn't mind us taking him)

Dennis Johnson - underrated.

I've been on his bandwagon for MONTHS and here recently he was making rounds as a popular RB via twitterheads and sports writers as a sleeper... Dude beasts it.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Over-Milliner

I am not big on corners in the first or with a big paycheck unless your team is complete. Even less so when you have a dominant front seven in college in a typically run first SEC.

Under- Gino Smith and Te'o

I just have some strange feeling that these guys are going to have pretty long/good careers. Probably not multiple pro bowl guys, but respectable careers. All the gripes against them are warranted, its just some weird thing I see happening.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

over-ansah-one an done and someone will take a chance on him high because of the comparisons to jpp

under- vacarro/lattimore-i feel that vacarro will be the next big play safety and although we have signed 2 on already have griff i would love it if we took him and lattimore because of his injury...i would take him in the 3rd with our top pick in the 3rd due to the fact that he is a freak and let him come back at his own pace, he would probably take over for cj in season

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Overrated - Jonathan Banks

Whoever drafts him in the 1st or even the 2nd round will get laughed at by me. Great story about him, and that's ultimately what put him in the spotlight. However, I am rooting for him to succeed, but he is overrated in my books.

Underrated - Eddie Lacy

Too many people have been sleeping on him and I think it's crazy how some people mock him in some mid 2nd round drafts. The guy is the truth and I see him having a really good NFL career from day one.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I wish I could give this both an "it sucks" and Hi Five" lol.

Agree with you on Milliner, but have to disagree on the Te'o aka Rey Maualuga..

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Over: Mingo, Lane Johnson, Vaccaro, Werner,
    Under: Lacy, Swearinger, Teo, Alex Okafor

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Overrated - Geno Smith, Alec Ogletree,

Underrated - Tyrann Mathieu, Eddie Lacy, Rex Burkhead, Devin Taylor, Stepfan Taylor, Jawan Jamison, Brandon McGee,

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Over - Milliner, Werner, Ansah
    Under - Datone Jones, Quanterus Smith, Jesse Williams, Darius Slay

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Anybody who thinks Milliner is not worth a 10th pick either doesn't understand the game of football or simply has not done their homework.

Where is the chink in his armor? Where? He is the best defensive back in this draft.

Warmack and milliner are the 2 lowest risk picks you can make at 10.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar