Overrated/Underrated

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

McCourty deserved to be drafted in the early to middle second round (maybe late first). He is a solid starter, but that's it. He will never be a great playmaker, or game changer. He can be a #1 DB, but he would be best in the 2nd DB position.

I'm fine with either Milliner or Rhodes, nothing wrong with coming from a dominate defense. It may make them look a little bit better, but not enough to be worried about most of the time.

2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

If you guys want to get an idea of how much the NFL thinks of the Titans. Read this article about the 'Must See' games of 2013. We not only had zero of the top 13, but the list of 12 other games that he says 'didnt make the cut' also don't include the Titans. The Browns even made the 2nd list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-peyton-manning-49ersseahawks-top-2013-slate

The list is ALL Playoff teams and/or teams where players playing their old team as the #1 game on his list is Broncos vs Colts (AT INDY). Which I completely understand, but still.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Our team has no story lines that anyone outside this fan base cares about. Whats our biggest draw to someone who isnt a Titans fan? "Can Chris Johnson rebound in 2013"? I mean we're a boring ass team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Man Cordarrelle made Amerson look stupid all game long last year. He beat him all over the field. Granted that's the only time I saw Amerson play, but against elite talent he got burned.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The argument is legitimate that Milliner played on a great defense and that helped him play much better. If you know what you're watching, it's easy to decipher between a player who consistently wins his match ups and 1 on 1's and a player that benefits from the players around him. Milliner benefitted so much from a great defensive line and QBs constantly being under pressure. That doesn't mean however, that just because a player plays on a good defense that he wouldn't be successful in the NFL. You guys are making it sound like it's either/or when it's two different things.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Until they start talking about Jake Lockers emergence! :banjump:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I like Milliner but I couldn't for the life of me understand why everyone made such a big deal of him shutting down Tyler Eiffert. Eiffert was a big sloooow receiver/TE who's only shot to beat a guy like Milliner was on jump balls. Everyone knew Dee was big and strong, my biggest question mark on him was how he deals with speed receivers.

The only flaw I see in his game is that he routinely gets beat off the line and is constantly playing catch-up. While it worked out well in college, I fear it won't in the NFL. I was shocked to see him run a 4.3 40 at the combine. On tape he looked like a 4.45 guy at best while in man coverage. I think he'll be a pro-bowler though, that 4.3 ensures me that he has the speed to keep up with anyone in the NFL and he just needs some quality coaching.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Who woulda thought JCB would throw Le'Veon Bell in there. lol

9. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Camp Fodder

SMH...on a great defense, Dee Millner is projected as the first player to be drafted from that defense and yet he is the one that benefited? Millner is stud, hands down.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Well most of the other great players on that defense are still in school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar