Pac Delays Filing for Reinstatement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Pacman: First trade, then reinstatement

Pacman Jones, who had been expected to apply for reinstatement to the NFL on Tuesday, said he now plans to wait until he's traded before seeking commisisoner Roger Goodell's OK to play pro football again. ...more

[​IMG]

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It changes nothing except Jones knew Goodell wasn't going to change his mind.

I still believe the wishes of the Titans are the reason for this. He can be traded without being reinstated. The Titans don't want to be liable for him right now.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I disagree- it changes everything. In particular, the possibility that he will be traded AFTER being re-instated. It increases tension on the Titans (and Cowboys) who would like to trade him before the draft (or on draft day to appease the Gloat).

I don't know the particulars of his contract with the Titans, and when his roster bonus is due but I'm certain this is one reason the Titans want him gone ASAP as well as the liability issue.

It really is the only leverage that Pac has in this equation. He is being smart to use it right now in hopes to expedite the trade (which is what he wants).

4. TitanJeff

You seem to think what is on the surface here is the entire story. I don't think it is. I believe the moment he is traded, he'll be reinstated. If he's not traded, then he stays suspended until training camp. It's as simple as that.

The day he is reinstated, he starts getting paid again and the Titans must accept the liability he brings when he returns to Baptist Sports Park. The Titans don't want or need that.

What leverage? Pac has none. Do you honestly think the Cowboys trade hinges on him being reinstated or not at the time of the trade? Do you think Jerry Jones is stupid enough to trade for him if it isn't a certainty he will be reinstated?

He made his decision today because he knew it would do nothing to appeal. He also doesn't want to rock the boat with the Titans who don't want him around. If and when he is traded, he'll be reinstated. It'll be part of the terms of the deal.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

TJ- Pac's trade value most definitely increases AFTER he is reinstated. The only way the Titans benefit trading him before is if the Cowboys have agreed to what the Titans FO interests that appeared to be blocking the trade from progressing originally. True- that may have happened "beneath the surface" of what has been reported, but all parties must conceed for this to go done.

That includes Pac who has made concessions to "call it even" with the Titans in regards to moneys "owed" to him. The Titans also want some of his bonus paid back by either the Cowboys or Pac and that has been a sticking point in the negotiations. Pac can withdraw his offer regarding money owed to him which would force the Titans to either eat the lost bonus/incentive or simply cut him to avoid a roster bonus. Like it or not, Pac not being reinstated does help him in this situation in regards to leveraging the Titans to proceed and not hold things up.

I don't presume to know anything in regards to what the commissioner and Jerry Jones have "agreed to" under the table. The commissioner has not followed or applied any precedent with how he has administered the conduct policy regarding Pac.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Let's be honest here. There is absolutely NO reason why Pac is doing this except to try and force a trade to the Cowboys on the Cowboys terms, thus sticking it to the franchise that selected and invested allot of time and money in him. The ultimate selfish powerplay from my new least favorite person.

I have to admit, before today I still really wanted him to stick around and play for us...

Now...

I want him banned from the league for life. I don't care if we get a dime for him at this point. If he's banned from the league for life, I am happy.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Operation: Get Pac Banned!

After today's malicious maneuver of withdrawing his reinstatement papers, Pacman has revealed himself to in fact be the vile, self serving, piece of human waste many already believed he had become. By turning without provocation on the franchise that drafted him 6th overall and paid him handsomely, Pac has shown himself to be a child of loathfull character who has no place in the National Football League.

So I implore you... My fellow fanatics...

Help me get Pacman banned from the league for life!

I have absolutely no idea how to do it but I'm sure someone on these boards has pictures of Pac torturing kittens or executing blindfolded babies or shooting up heroin while smothering a baby seal or something. I'm sure these pictures are out there.

So I have just one question.... Who's with me?! :))

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

after hearing him say that, i now know there is NO future for himon the titans. Get the hell outta Nasvhille!!!

Its so bad....hell of a player

9. TitanJeff

Here's why I don't see any change in his value. Let's look at what I perceive to be the evidence:

First, Pac remains suspended because the Titans want him to remain so for the reasons I stated earlier. If it were not for the Titans influence on Goodell, he's back in the league now. I have no proof here but I don't see a lot of consistency in Goodell's decisions. It makes sense that the Titans are having quite an impact on what's happening. And they don't want/need him in camp right now.

Second, the Cowboys and Titans would not be negotiating a trade for him if they were not certain he would be reinstated. They both obviously think he'll be allowed back before training camp.

Three, Goodell clearly stated it would be before training camp before he is reinstated. This tells me that asking for a review today wouldn't have done squat based on what we've seen so far. Goodell NEVER said he's consider reinstatment before the draft.

Fourth, it doesn't change the fact the Pac can be reinstated today and get into trouble tomorrow. Nothing changes the risk which is Pacman Jones.

From what we heard last week, Reese guaranteed him a chunk of money regardless of whether or not he's cut. So he gets paid once he is reinstated. The question is how much. THAT'S a main incentive of trading him instead of cutting him. That, and the desire to get something for him.

If Pac withdraws his offer of not forcing the Titans to pay him the bonus money, his chances to be playing in Big D declines and his chances of remaining suspended go up, IMO.

You say his trade value goes UP if he's reinstated. Wouldn't that mean his chances for a trade to Dallas would as well? If you think it does help, then why would he deliberately not fight to be reinstated today? Going to Dallas is what he wants.

Today changed nothing. He can still be traded before the draft.

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

leverage is the last thing that this suspended idiot should have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar