Pac in Trouble AGAIN!/Charges Dropped

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Maybe, though it sounds like they are looking into Pacman not her.

2. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Not that I had anything further to say here, at the moment, other than to drop my "number of the beast" post count here on a Pacman thread. :evil:

3. nelsonbilly

nelsonbilly Guest

Who Cares?

I am so sick of seeing PacMan Jones in stories in the "sports section". Just because he is a former athlete, stressing "former", his antics and run ins with the law are not sports news. Please bury this so called news in another section of the paper with the other criminal activity where I have no interest in reading it...Keep "sports news" where it belongs and put the rest of this drabble someplace else. Oh yeah, this goes for Mike Vick and O.J. too!!! I'm done.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah yeah we get it. It's not happening and we can't change it.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Id say they are looking into the situation as a whole, which would also involve her being a possible liar. Now, if she is lieing, that would be a civil matter, not criminal, so Pac would have to pursue that. But the state doesnt have to have a formal complaint by a potential victim to look into a criminal matter. And there are several reasons for that. A couple of obvious reasons would be because maybe the victim is intimidated to press charges, or, as has been discussed, the perpetrator could have paid the victim off, etc etc. IF thats the case, that still doesnt mean a crime didnt happen. Im just speaking generally, obviously I have no clue what happened in this situation. And it is very possible the police dont do anything with this at all, since the lady doesnt appear to have been seriously injured and withdrew her complaint. But just because she withdrew her complaint, doesnt mean it wont at least be investigated to some degree.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Making a false complaint is a criminal offense but I do understand what you are saying.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Libel or slander would be a civil offense. Since she did file an official complaint, if she was lieing, there probably could be some criminal charges with that. But, since she pulled the complaint, I highly doubt they would pursue criminal charges againt her. I would think Pac would have to file a civil suit for that to go anywhere. And being on thin ice, any type of situation like this threatens his career, and obviously he cant just hop to another career to make the same type of income. So, if she did make it up, he should pursue it. But regardless, since she pulled the complaint, I highly doubt anything comes from either side from a law enforcement of civil standpoint.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh I know what you are saying. It's both civil and criminal. I knew that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar