Pacman Appeal Hearing Set

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i really hope that it is reduced and i hope that he will change his ways, but after all of this i still dont think that he has

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Pac will have his attorneys in this meeting with Goodell. Rest assured that they will speak legally the NFL's labor counsel regarding a lack of precedent, arbitrary enforcement and the damages Pac incurs as a result.

Even though Goodell will preside over the appeal, there will be a completely different tone. This is a meeting where labor (Pac) will show that they have some grounds to sink to their teeth into if a modicum of compromise is not met. If Pac and his professional representation wasn't serious about shaking Goodell, they wouldn't bother coming.

I'm predicting that there will definitely be some form of reduction and that Goodell will refer to the NFL's legal advisor's when announcing it. That way he still looks tough (doesn't "lose face"), the policy remain credible and the intent to dissuade future defamation by players remains intact.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

My prediction - if the NFL reduce the suspension it will mean nothing.

His employer (the Titans) will impose its own suspension that aligns with the Commissioner's original verdict.

The Titans caught a break with Goodell stepping in and laying down the law. If the NFL's suspension is reduced or removed, the pressure will be back on the Titans to see how they deal with this issue. Doing nothing is not acceptable, as much as it is obviously preferable for those of us who follow the team's on-field performances.

4. Riverman

The league will have imposed their own suspension and it got reduced. No way the Titans have to "add on" anything. That's just crazy talk.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The conditions of his employment by his direct employer and the overarching rules of the league are two distinct sets of regulations.

Look at the T.O. farce in Philly 2 years back. He carried on like a clown and the Eagles metered out their own punishment (without the league stepping in).

Same with Pacman last year being suspended for a game. The Titans can't go hands-off on this. If Pacman breached an element of his contract with the Titans, they can't turn a blind eye to it (i.e. not reporting the Georgia incident). If the league has already suspended him, then the Titans can legitimately say that that was sufficient punishment, but if his league imposed suspension is overturned, the Titans may well impose their own punishment.

6. Riverman

They would have done it already if they were going to do it. They would enforce their sancitons independently of the league.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ the thought of the Titans suspending him additional games if they get lucky enough to get pacman back.
    That'd be about as smart as starting Kerry Collins for the start of the season.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

If you read what Bud Adams said, Pacman may not be a Titan again. How is that for crazy.

9. Big Papi

Big Papi Guest

I think the Titans would have already released Pacman by now if they were gonna do it, at least that is what I hope.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Scare tactic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar