Pacman Appeal Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

quoted for truth. I think Pac is looking at 11:1 odds for staying out of trouble with the law during his suspension.

And about 150:1 odds for staying out of a strip club.

2. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

OR 3) The commissioner says well maybe I was a little unfair but I'll never admit it. Lets say you just drop this whole appeal and I will seriously consider letting you comeback in 10 if you exhibit good behavior.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes. I agree completely. I also agree that it is complete BS that Goodell is "protecting the shield" but rather he is "protecting the money" as I've also stated in many other posts.

There are many things about this situation that really bother me. One is the excessive and arbitrary standard that Goodell has used in making Pac an example. Another is the inaccurate reporting by the media about his "run-ins". We have seen some clarification of the actual offenses now that the issue has been resolved. Hmm- wonder why?

But what irks me the most is the fact that some Titans fans that allow their personal dislike for Pacman cloud their vision of what really has transpired here. Goodell has used a generally unpopular member of our small market team as an example- and we as fans will pay the price as our team competes without its best defensive player.

It would certainly be easier for me buy what Goodell is selling if he uses equal vigor and standards other larger market players. It already appears that Goodell is afraid to apply the same standard toward Vick or Porter.

In regards to Pac withdrawing his appeal. There was undoubtedly some discussion and concession on Goodell's part regarding the suspension. Whether it is "going easier on Pac" if new evidence supports LVPD charges or less games if Pac "behaves"- only Pac, attorneys and Goodell know. No doubt that a law suit would be a long, expensive and embarrasing process for both sides. Personally, Pac has a VERY legitimate unfair labor suit against the NFL for reasons mentioned in multiple other posts.

I really don't have a problem with PAC withdrawing the case. It probably is for the best for everybody anyway. And if Goodell can "nut up" and stick Mike Vick with equal process then I don't have a problem with him.

I honestly don't know if Pac will be here after this season or 08 anyway. I am even uncertain he comes out of this ordeal with the same "on field" personality and performance.

He is one of the best CB's and KR's I've ever seen in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar