Pacman Charged With 2 Felonies for Vegas!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5.30pm Saturday

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree. It is common knowledge than if the Weenie was approached by a teenager he would flop on the ground till he heard a whistle. Dang near impossible to choke a teenager from the fetal position.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Actually, Jones was also at the scene of gunshots at a MAAPCO or some quickie mart at around 2 in the morning as well. Claimed he did not know anyone involved...which is constantly his MO. So its not a one off situation with Vegas.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Clutching at straws.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

hmmm..really...I don't have to desperately search for supporting evidence of this guy's behavior problems.

I guess he actually needs to kill someone before his behavior becomes distasteful enough for you?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well considering the police didnt even bother with him on that incident I am quite certain he had nothing to do with it.

And as a whole his actions are problematic, but fact remains he (at this stage) has been linked to a shooting once.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

which is 1 time more than the vast majority of NFLers

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Does anyone think that Pacman has brought negative attention to this team? There are double digit things to cite starting with his 1st second chance before he was drafted right after he nearly beat guy to death with the blunt end of a pool que. (which of course he was convicted but because of his societal status was able to get off light because in the Judge's eyes he had a bright future and otherwise a clean slate but the haters called it right back in 'o5.

I wasn't among them but here today the Pacman defenders are pwn3d. He was a bad pick. I was a sympatheist believer like many of you that believed that Fisher could reach the kid. The kid has gum in the works. Donkey ain't ever gonna win the Kentucky Derby and Pacman Jones isn't going to play another down in the NFL. Ricky Williams anyone? Based on the last two years what could make anyone believe he could serve a suspension and return?

There will be more incidents to come. This ain't prophecy. It's a pattern. Just like I know in six months time the days will be short again. (or in Gunny's case longer depending on your local geography) I can count on this like a sunset. I have resigned myself to the reality of who Adam Jones is. I wish somehow he could play but convictions DO NOT MATTER.

This is a product; the NFL. If you are a maker of dog food and your product leaves Rover dead of spastic seizures and he hemorrhages blood do you look at what's in your dog food? If you don't that's no way to sell dog food. Take the NBA for instance. Fifteen years ago the NBA had much better viewership. Sure, Pro Football has been raging with popularity growing stronger and stronger year in and year out and over decades supplanting MLB as the biggest game in America.

Where the NBA lost though was with a perceived image problem. Now, the NFL has conduct issues overall throughout the league and has had them for years. --But the sheer scale and volume of Pacman's troubles are just overwhelming not to mention being set against the backdrop of the modern day NFL where the frequency of behavior problems has become epidemic. I can liken Pacman to a cancer in this sense. He does nothing but create BAD HEADLINES that do nothing but alienate the NFL's customer market which translates to lost revenues. It's really simple.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks for the monologue SEC BP, I am definitely feeling your pain. But before you solidify your impression of humanity just remember there are examples of bad boys that turned it around. Many were the "thugs" of their day. Just a few:

Chris Carter, John Riggins, Joe Namath, John Matuszak, Lawrence Taylor.........etc

So although it is highly unlikely Pac will change, it is not an impossibility. Keep your head clear to appreciate it IF it REALLY does happen.

I agree it is about the money and always has been. The difference today IMO, is that the internet is now included in media outlets so getting fresh new first to the masses is SO MUCH more difficult. Accuracy is down and sensationalization is up with news stories.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Riggins, Namath, etc. may have liked to party and drink too much, but I would hardly call them "thugs". Violence was never associated with them. LT abused cocaine, but to my knowledge he never was involved in gunplay or anyone getting hurt off the field. There is a huge difference in Paul Horning sneaking out at night to get laid, and Pacman and his antics. We are hardcore football fans posting on this board, and most of us find what he is doing very distasteful. Now imagine the average fan (and his family), and how repulsed they are. Look how we even make fun of the Bengals problems, and now it's in our own back yard. I can think of no way for Pac to atone for what has happened, nor do I see him all of a sudden being able to change his ways. Sitting out the season is only going to frustrate him more, and leave him with entirely too much time on his hands. Care to give odds as to whether he can make it from now until December without another incident?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar