Pacman Facing Charges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sukrillux

What is my position anyway? I have said nothing hateful about pacman at all. I just have a moral problem with his behavior and the consequences of it, everyone should. So why am i the poster child for pacman bashers? And your attewmpt to bring race into this is crap. It's the pac supporters who always want to bring race into this..

It's a simple question; if pacman and his crew don't walk into that bar that night do three people get shot? Answer, no. The charges are there.

Most of us have a problem with pacman because most of us don't get arrested, charged, or at least accused of something every other week. Why is that "sad"?

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

It's a little crude but does this work?

[​IMG]

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Pretty funny ;)

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

A DUI is worse than hanging out with a posse or getting into a fight. See, this is what I don't get. It's so hypocritical. Since you, or people you know drive drunk, it's not as bad?
    Leonard Little killed 1-2 people driving drunk. TONS of kids and innocent people are killed by drunk drivers. It's like loading a gun and firing into a crowd, sure you might not kill anyone but the way McNair was described as driving and downtown? He got extremely lucky.

But since he was already everyone's hero, everyone made excuses for him. Oh, it's no big deal. People do it all the time. Right? Maybe if everyone had a 5 year old brother that was killed by a drunk driver, we just might see that it's a little bit worse than an altercation in a club where someone says "i'll kill you".

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat...

Point well made but it seems that according to many on this board the determinant of whether we are critical of behavior or not on this board is a person's skin color.

I never wished pacman ill but some dim wit poster put me in the same category as someone who hopes he gets shot just because i happen to be critical of the man's behavior. Pathetic..

Yes the league needs to be much firmer about drunk driving.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Because the government isn't already. :rolleyes:

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I am no lawyer, but this is interesting topic. I consider the threat worse.

Threatening to kill you: This is an indication of imminent death. Someone is about to die. And those who may die, may take precaution so as not to die, regardless of the threat's intention. It must be concluded that someone is about to die. And that means murder. Statistics do not bear out that death is natural conclusion to the threat, and is unlikely, but the threat is 100% conclusive in what the result should be... That someone will die.

Driving drunk: This is not a threat of imminent death, but rather imminent danger, with the potential for death. Someone could die. Could be hurt. Or nothing happens. Statistics bear out that the likelihood is that something will happen. That people will likely be hurt, and possibly die. But the statement that someone is driving drunk does not 100% conclude that someone is going to die. Only that it could happen. In addition, I would think the degree of death would range from accidental to murder if it did happen.

Very interesting. I don't think the law can rely on statistics here. They must rely on what the acts worst possible scenario is. For both it is death. But for the drunk driver, death may be any degree of murder. Where as the threat to kill directly leads to the worst degree of murder. Making it the worst offense of the two.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lets just get one thing straight. MOST bouncers are on the level of Neanderthals. No brains, No Intelligence and just look for a reason to get into a fight.
    There are numerous cases around the world of bouncer related injuries and excessive force.
    My brother got 'restrained' by a bouncer for trying to pull a friend out of a fight, while another was thrown against a bin.

Then there are cases like this -

http://www.theage.com.au/news/natio...ne-hitting-road/2005/08/22/1124562791209.html

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah that's what happened. :rolleyes:

10. PhiSlammaJamma

"All you have to is remember three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice." -Dalton. (otherwise known as Patrick Swayze, lol.) And isn't that four rules? not three?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar