Pacman Given Permission to Seek Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Package him in a deal.

No one maybe willing to trade anything of value straight up for Pacman, but would a team out there be interested in trading their 2nd round pick for our 3rd+Pacman?

That, or some similar route, is what i hope we are able to pull off in a Pacman trade.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO it would be worthwhile for almost any team to offer a 6th or 7th round pick for Pac. Assuming they rework his deal for basically the league minimum with incentives (obviously the incentives would be huge) a team wouldn't be taking a huge risk. Most of the 6th or 7th round picks don't amount to much anyway and few even will make rosters with all the money teams have in CAP room. If I were a team like the Cowboys with a fanatical owner who knows he is within an eyelash of going to another SB what do they really have to lose? Say they offer the pick this year before the draft and Pac gets reinstated just before TC. At worst they have a PR/KR who could be the difference. Not much to lose and possibly alot to be gained.

Personally I'm ticked as heck at this punk who basically took a #6 pick from us and wasted it. Instead of all this love for Pac some have everyone should be mad as heck.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've gone from being irritated, to mad, to just wanting to be have the situation settled WHATEVER the outcome.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

woooohoooo

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I agree with Soxcat totally, what's the risk of giving up a 6th or 7th for a player with the talent of Pac? Make his deal stipulate any off-field actions saving the team. Basically every NFL team is getting a Go-To-Jail-Free pass because of the crap the Titans have been through, they can write any deal possible with all the protective clauses and wording and Pac can't refuse any of it.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Recipe for a bad business decision. Hope the FO doesn't feel like the majority of the fans.

IMO, we shouldn't trade him because without the off the field baggage, he is worth at least a third and probably a second. Nobody would ever offer that so there is no loss to us to hold him until plays and has the opportunity to increase his value. We can then decide to use that value for our own team or either trade him.

The opportunity (risk) to hold him until his value increases is worth much more IMO than a second day pick.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

im sure we all woulda rather picked some1 else ....but its not like picks dont get wasted...heck the vikings drafted what many at the time thought was a sure fired stud in troy williams....who was just traded for a lousy 6th rounder...now ur right in the sense 6th rounders usually dont mean much...(cept for a finnagan once in a blue moon) but in all honesty if after all the crap we went through w/ pac that some other team gets him if he fianlly changes...thats b.s. for awhile people confused us w/ the video game...

an yeh what would be get a backups backup or a practice squad player....nah its just not worth it...i say if some1 is to resign him for a cheap incentives contract ...than we should get to do it...

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The simplest way to make him grow up & tow the line is to offer him more money in a restructured deal.

Give him a way out of hi past but tie it to a watertight incentive deal. He keeps his nose clean each year & he triggers a bonus. One infraction & he loses his deal.

No upfront signing money beyond his original contract but a bucket load more down the road if he makes Pro Bowls & stays out of trouble.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's just my personal feelings. It better not be what the Titans FO is thinking.

I've stated it previously. He has no trade value right now. If ever allowed back, I hold him through training camp and the pre-season so he can prove he can stay out of trouble for the next few months AND proves he hasn't lost anything.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

agreed

let's just assume for a moment that this hiatus has instilled some form of right into that thick skull of his
    now let's assume that he hasn't lost any football abilities

i don't let him go until he's apart of a larger deal including personnel
    not sure I'm letting him go straight up for a pick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar