Pacman Jones is my role model

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by User Name, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm a rationale, patient person. I try not to target people and make assumptions before I know anything about something.

Was he involved? How the hell should any of us know this? All we know is he was in the area of a fight and shots were fired, and he saw it. That's it. End of discussion until ANYTHING comes out.

I know his type, I come exactly from the type of place he did. I'm not convinced that Jones is as bad and such a terrible personality that people say. This is big news huh? A NFL player is asked about an incident seems he seems to have no involvement in. Wow...:sad2:

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Sorry, the hate on this board just get's on my nerve, and I've been uncharacteristicly quiet about it.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

PacMan is a nice guy. A nice guy from the hoodiest of hoods. Where as a lot of guys in the NFL grew up in small towns or came from middle class or working class families, PacMan did not. Most people's instincts would prompt them to leave certain situations when you see it going down. PacMan's instincts tell him to get closer to see what's up.

I've hung out after hours at the "homeless gas station" and when it gets too crowded or people get too much "liquid courage" the guys that I'm with leave. They realize that no matter what, if something happens, the fact that they have name recognition will make them a target.

One day PacMan will realize that he no longer is just a brother from the hood. I know he wants to keep it real and all, but he has a lot of lose by staying "hood".

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd agree, we don't have evidence of his involvement, and so we shouldn't conclude it, but there's certainly nothing wrong with ragging on his decisionmaking skills... Can't he have a private party and have enough fun? Keep the man off the streets, he just doesn't know how to stay away.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

This women basically summed up my thoughts. The hood mentality leaves us eventually, it just takes a different environment. How old is this cat, 21, 22? I know the patience isn't a virtue for some of you here, but try a little bit.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I have been a huge pacman supporter based mostly on where he comes from and his upbringing and honestly because he is extremely talented. I believe a person is absolutely innocent until proven otherwise and I still do. He is innocent right now with the car situation and this situation until proven otherwise. What dissappoints me the most is the fact that he is guilty of putting himself is stupid situations that he shouldn't be in. If you know somebody may have a gun, don't hang around them. The kid may end up throwing his life away and someone who doesn't care about how much money he has or what he or she can get from him, needs to get that thru his obviously thick skull. I have ZERO doubt that Pac Man is a good person and extremely loyal friend and he wants to do the right thing. I also have little doubt that his friends are really and that it probably is pretty tough for him to turn down a good time when he is "the man"...like most young guys who suddenly become millionaires.

Now everyone calling for the Titans to cut him need to calm down. Unless, he is found guilty of trafficing drugs or shooting someone, they are NOT going to cut the #6 pick after one year. Period. I choose not to whine about it or moan about why we picked him or to boo him at games because in my opinion, it serves no purpose. That is my choice.

Bottom line, this kid needs to get his head on straight. Someone needs to get hold of him and literally knock some sense into him. Be it his grandmother, teammate, friend or coach, for the Titans own good and especially his, it needs to be soon.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Thanks for an intelligent post cousin...

9. danny

danny Guest

Agreed, who know if he was involved ? But don't you agree with me in the fact he puts himself into positions to fail ? "A NFL player is asked about an incident seems he seems to no involvement in" Well KamikaZ, it's only the second time in a week.

I'm rationale and patient too, come from a crappy neighborhood and know his type. He's too stupid to stay out of harm's way or he's got a little money is his pocket now and just don't know how to act.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I think you're confusing stupidity with immaturity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar