Pacman Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

It is very obvious that Adam is making some good progress with his play, but he still has to finish school. He has work to do in his speech and drama class...."Acting Like You Have Been There and Done That 101".

Its a great rule that the NFL has put in place. The league existed for a long time without all of the "in your face" trash talking. I know a lot of people who played the game with intense emotion without ever having to get into someone's face to trash talk.

Adam must draw upon his school classes to help his team out once the regular season begins. There will be no room for stupid penalties that harm your team once the season commences.

2. I'm glad Pac got the penalty. First of all, he did deserve it. Secondly, better for it to happen in a exhibition game so maybe he'll learn no to do it when it actually matters...

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You would think he should have already learned that from last year...especially the last game.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Fish said Jones knew what had happened as he came off the field and he approached Fish and apologized - knowing is half the battle

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Why? The two penalties are entirely seperate. Last year he argued with an official which is a no-no, however this time he was just talking smack to Bush, which last year would have been perfectly legal.

6. Hoffa

And this year it's not, and he knew that and still did it, like last year.

But it's not that big a deal to me, as long as he doesn't make a habit of getting penalties after the play is over, like last year.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Considering it's a brand new rule there's a good chance you forget about in the heat of battle, which is why I don't blame him. It's like how the Patriots DB's had to get used to not be physical with the receivers downfield, it wasn't something they had down at the start of the season.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

While I do agree with you SK, I did see the play. And, in a regular season game I would have been furious had this been called against "any" of our players.

But, in this case, I'm glad they got Pacman, if for no other reason than, to send him a bit of a message as a wake up call that you can't take taunting penalties (as borderline as this call was).

But, if Pacman got something out of it, it was worth it.

9. Hoffa

I expect Pacman will get called for this during the season, it's just in his nature.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agreed, my 330 brother.
    Plus....if it's gonna happen....let it be in preseason. We need some attitude and swagger. It was Bush's innagural "welcome to the NFL".
    Not to be one of those that picks at this stuff but....go back to the game in the 4th qtr (i think) when VY ran to the right and tried to stretch for a 1st down going OB. (It is the one where he came up short, but there was a defensive holding call that gave us a 1st down.) After the play on the sideline, the defender grabbed VY's arm and said something to him and Young shook his arm off and the defender threw up his hands with the "I didn't do ianything", Ric Flair look. Point is, it wasn't much different than Pacman and Bush. It just wasn't a big hit like Pacman's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar