Pacman Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I guess we should thank Pacman for his penalty, since it lead directly to 3 points for the Saints and saved us from having to endure an overtime period.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I have no problem with swagger and/or attitude.

It's just a matter of how/when you're using them.

3. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

At first I thought it was just the price Jones would have to pay for not "getting" it last year and knowing when to lay off his jawing and sparring -- including with the referees. That he was going to be singled out for the quick flags the rest of his career (or at least this year).

It was a very quick flag.

Then the announcers went into (well, on a 7 or 10-second radio delay ;) )how this was a point of emphasis this year and Jones or not, they were going to clamp down on anything that resembled taunting, especially in preseason.

But Jones probably ought to plan on never getting the benefit of the doubt once the regular season starts. He brought it on himself because of last year. I think he's starting to get it now, though.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I liked the hit....and who wouldnt let Mr. BUSH know he is in the NFL. Welcome to the big leagues rook! I woulda done the same thing....and apologized afterwards....

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

No. "I guess we should be thankful" it was a PRESEASON GAME!
    He played great last night. Period.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

From today's paper "Jones admitted he had violated an agreement he made with Fisher when he was called for the unsportsmanlike conduct after a big collision with RB R. Bush. I promised them its not to happen anymore, Jones said. I've got to keep my emotions down a little bit. Fisher immediately approached Jones and said Don't forget what our deal is. Jones said Ok coach. Asked what the deal was he said no more 15 yarders"

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That was my point.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Adam has to tone it down a bit
    don't get me wrong, I was impressed with his tenacity last night
    he was all over the place wreaking havock

but he is certainly on the zebra-radar
    don't be surprised to see some ticky-tack flags thrown his way
    actions that some other corners might get away with
    but because of his actions last year and propensity to be a hot-head.....
    he's watched a little more closely (imo)

a year or two of acting cool and keeping quite should tone that down
    but until then, he has got to walk on egg-shells once the whislte has blown
    (in between, he can give them hell)

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

"..... or it's a $1,000 per yard"

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Sounds like he's on the right track, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar